[He is] Above Everything Else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Walsh

Puritan Board Senior
Early this morning my heart was deeply affected by my advancing years and relatively fruitless life. By the condition of my family, unanswered prayers, and "so far" unfulfilled promises by the God I love. In this time of soul searching, God met with me and in many ways comforted and reassured me of his great love for me. This little song contributed to one of the most significant times of praise I ever entered into. Especially these lyrics:
[He is] Greater than life itself
More precious than
Perfect health, Finer than
Friendship or romance
More needed than oxygen
More pleasing than thrill
Or fame, Stronger than
Death or gravity​

Above Everything Else

You rule over distant seas
And every part of me
You raise the day from
Night and the song inside
Of me, You watch the
Planets spin and my
Eyelids flickering

Beyond everything else
You are, you are, Above
Everything else you are

Greater than life itself
More precious than
Perfect health, Finer than
Friendship or romance
More needed than oxygen
More pleasing than thrill
Or fame, Stronger than
Death or gravity

You speak the waves
Obey, yet you whisper
Peace to me, You hold the
Skys in place and my past
And destiny, You reign
Over war torn lands, over
Famine, fear and kings​

Last edited:
Hi Ed. I sometimes think the same way when I think of all that has passed in my life with the relationships Our Lord has planted next to me. When I get too morose I remember that He grants each a measure of faith and remind myself that that element (faith) is greater in some, and much less in others. Let us all be honest here and recognize those if us who hang around PB, or other such good spiritual venues, are blessed beyond measure. This does not mean others who do not enjoy such are any less a child of God if they do not enjoy such. Of course I think they are crazy for not enjoying our venues, but I know Our Lord can and does work in those who He has granted faith.

Let us all be honest here and recognize those if us who hang around PB, or other such good spiritual venues, are blessed beyond measure.

I never shared this before, but I regularly pray with great hope for the members of the Puritan Board. I think it is probably the most concentrated place in the world with where humble, gifted and knowledgeable Christians gather. I am praying that some to many members will be used of God to do nothing short of changing the world to the glory of God.

Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. (John4:35)​

I never shared this before, but I regularly pray with great hope for the members of the Puritan Board. I think it is probably the most concentrated place in the world with where humble, gifted and knowledgeable Christians gather. I am praying that some to many members will be used of God to do nothing short of changing the world to the glory of God.

Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. (John4:35)​

Indeed. I look no further in the "world" other than to which Our Lord providentially surrounds us with.

Thank you, Ed and Earl, I appreciated this little conversation. And I too am thankful for the PB where we can listen in on such. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back