Have Christians committed atrocities throughout the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing this. I'd be interested to read more, if you do end up digging up any sources.

Thomas Madden's The Concise History of the Crusades covers this a bit, at least about the romanticized western conception of Saladin at expressed during the colonial era changing him from a near-forgotten figure to a heroic one. Our copy appears to still be in boxes, so I can't check it.

The Crusades, Christianity, and Islam
by Jonathan Riley-Smith goes into some length as to how European imperialists re-imported, and how their framing of the crusades influenced new Muslim understandings of those old wars.

I did not know that. My point was however they got this in their head, and however far back chronologicaly it was, the cultural memory theve created goes back to then (at least in their minds). That's what I meant

I wasn't being critical. I just thought it was worth mentioning. :)

Thomas Madden's The Concise History of the Crusades covers this a bit, at least about the romanticized western conception of Saladin at expressed during the colonial era changing him from a near-forgotten figure to a heroic one. Our copy appears to still be in boxes, so I can't check it.

The Crusades, Christianity, and Islam
by Jonathan Riley-Smith goes into some length as to how European imperialists re-imported, and how their framing of the crusades influenced new Muslim understandings of those old wars.

I wasn't being critical. I just thought it was worth mentioning. :)
I know you weren't being critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back