Has anyone read and would recommend A Gentle Answer: Our 'Secret Weapon' in an Age of Us Against Them by. Scott Sauls

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.L.Smith

Puritan Board Freshman
Has anyone read and would recommend the book: A Gentle Answer: Our 'Secret Weapon' in an Age of Us Against Them by, Scott Sauls?

From what I've seen on Facebook through his brother, he's in the left wing of the PCA. Social justice, SSA-identity, etc. This one work may be wonderful, I don't know it, but I'd approach anything he writes with caution.

Don't read it. Even a seemingly good statement is tainted by his commitments in terms of worldview, theology, and culture.

Worried about a decline in evangelism (included are statistics showing Christians to be increasingly unlikely to share their faith), he cites a lack of Christian empathy as the root cause for the current passiveness of many believers and argues for rejection of religious pride and emulation of Jesus' spirit toward others: "Armed with a gentle answer, modeled and provided by our gentle Savior himself, it is time we got about the business of mending our fractured world with a presence that is less combative and more gentle and kind."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back