happy new Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Puritan Board Senior
It has just turned midnight and I do not think anyone east of me has posted. So for the first post of 2011 may I wish everyone a happy new year and may the Lord bless you all throughout 2011.

To one and all: lang may yer lum reek.

It has just turned midnight and I do not think anyone east of me has posted. So for the first post of 2011 may I wish everyone a happy new year and may the Lord bless you all throughout 2011.

:scratch:

Lang may yer lum reek is a traditional Scottish blessing. It means long may your chimney smoke and is a toast to wish you a long and good healthy life. Hence the nickname of Edinburgh, "Auld Reekie" with all its smoking chimneys clouding over the city

So much for my grand plans.

Felix New Year, everybody, and a Happy Navidad.

Lang may yer lum reek is a traditional Scottish blessing. It means long may your chimney smoke and is a toast to wish you a long and good healthy life. Hence the nickname of Edinburgh, "Auld Reekie" with all its smoking chimneys clouding over the city

Thanks, I learned me something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back