Status
Not open for further replies.

DMcFadden

Puritanboard Commissioner
Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday from John Calvin's spiritual kin and descendents,
happy birthday to you.

499 years and he is still worth reading! Praise the Lord for the Institutes, the commentaries, and the legacy!

Our God is indeed an AWESOME God (even if the songs are not worthy of him)!

:calvin: :calvin: :calvin: :calvin: :calvin: :calvin: :calvin: :calvin: :calvin: :calvin:

Who is this Calvin guy?

Babdists! Go figure. :rolleyes:

(How many demerits does he get for that comment?)

Feel sorry for him, especially at his age. I work with 350 seniors and when dementia hits it can be a terrible grief for the whole family and for the extended network of the Puritan Board. Some have referred to the burden borne by care givers as the "36 hour day." But, for those of us who frequent PB and have watched Ivan slide into silly infantilism with the water gun war defeat (and with a kid too young for Ivan to even baptize), it is just soooooo very sad. Forgetting Calvin today, forgetting Turretin tomorrow. Before you know it he won't even be able to pronounce "R.C. Sproul" or "Al Mohler" correctly. I'll bet he even thinks that the White Horse Inn was just a pub in Cambridge.

And, if his particular affiliction is Parkinsonian in origin, the stiffness of the body will also begin to take a toll. In fact, I wonder at his lack of agility in the recent shoot out with the kid. After all, wasn't Ivan packing two shooters to the kid's one? Maybe it is Parkinsonian dementia. Naw, after all of those years of midwest cooking, it is more likely vascular dementia due to consumption of too much Cracker Barrel (I swear, I could feel my arteries hardening while swallowing the wonderful stuff they serve).

Oh well. A dark providence indeed for poor Ivan.

The rest of us can celebrate the 499th a day late. Don't worry, Ivan won't remember anyway.

Who is this Calvin guy?

Feel sorry for him, especially at his age. I work with 350 seniors and when dementia hits it can be a terrible grief for the whole family and for the extended network of the Puritan Board. Some have referred to the burden borne by care givers as the "36 hour day." But, for those of us who frequent PB and have watched Ivan slide into silly infantilism with the water gun war defeat (and with a kid too young for Ivan to even baptize), it is just soooooo very sad. Forgetting Calvin today, forgetting Turretin tomorrow. Before you know it he won't even be able to pronounce "R.C. Sproul" or "Al Mohler" correctly. I'll bet he even thinks that the White Horse Inn was just a pub in Cambridge.

And, if his particular affiliction is Parkinsonian in origin, the stiffness of the body will also begin to take a toll. In fact, I wonder at his lack of agility in the recent shoot out with the kid. After all, wasn't Ivan packing two shooters to the kid's one? Maybe it is Parkinsonian dementia. Naw, after all of those years of midwest cooking, it is more likely vascular dementia due to consumption of too much Cracker Barrel (I swear, I could feel my arteries hardening while swallowing the wonderful stuff they serve).

The rest of us can celebrate the 499th a day late. Don't worry, Ivan won't remember anyway.

I come home for lunch and what do I find?!?! Why I oughtta....You younguns!! Where did I leave my water gun?

:rofl: Ahhhhhhhh.............I love this place!!!

Who is this Calvin guy?

Brutal!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back