Happy 80th Birthday Jeff O'Neil (Cymro)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday, Jeff! May God work in me what has worked in you. I hope this day is especially joyful and with your family.

Ah, the secret is out! Thank you for your kind wishes. But I wish I had spent more energy in His service, and more time praising Christ for redeeming such a sinner.

Happy birthday Jeff- I too appreciate your wise and devotional words here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy birthday! You've gotten to 80 fifteen years before I do. You'll have to tell me what it's like, so I can be prepared!

Hi Edward, it was a prolonged birthday as our son had us over to his place in Alsace a week before. He travelled back with us,and the immediate family met in Bath,England(16 of us children and grandchildren), and spent the day travelling on two barges on the Kennet and Avon canal. Everyone taking turns to steer, and a slap up picnic on the bank. It was unusual and a lovely surprise for we did not know.
Richard, there is no difference as far as I can tell, because in my mind I feel just the same. If I had not broke my hip five years ago, I feel I could still play rugby There is a paradox though in that I have had another 15 yrs to regret what a sinner I am, and yet 15 yrs to rejoice that I am a sinner saved by grace alone.

Pen-blwydd Hapus i chi a bendithion cyfoethocaf Duw. Rwy'n ddiolchgar am eich doethineb godaidd ar y Puritanboard.

How did the translation go?

Cyfarchion yn ei Enw.
Diolch am eich dymuniadau pen blwydd, a mwy oherwydd wedi ei rhoi yn yr iaith hena yn Ewrop. Mae Zeland Newydd yn gwella yn ardderchog gan fod yr iaith Gymraeg yn cael ei dysgu i'r genedl. Ac y mae mor angen rheidiol achos iaith y nefoedd yw hi! Mae'n amlwg eich bod ddim yn unig wedi eich dylanwadu gan athrawiaeth Dr. M. Lloyd-Jones, ond hefyd gyda'i iaith ef.
Daliwch ati.
How did the translation go?

Jeff, I had to chuckle at your "language of heaven" comment (thanks to Google translator) :) A few months ago I was at a Reformed Church of New Zealand church polity conference which I found very edifying. A Dutchman was giving a lecture and said most of the good works on Reformed Church polity were still in the Dutch language so us Kiwis had to learn the "language of the angels" to access them. My Scottish blood was aroused. In question time I said I was a Scot, and that my beloved Dutch brethren had to understand that Scotland, not the Netherlands, was the land of the covenant. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back