Greetings

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Donald James Perry, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donald James Perry

Donald James Perry Puritan Board Freshman

My name is Donald Perry, I am new to the board. I have not posted anything because I have been waiting for my Reformed Church, Covenant Fellowship Church in W.O. N.J. to make me a member. They are waiting on it. In is a English speaking Korean Church near where I live. In the mean time I have done a little Reformed church hopping with their approval, going to Trinity Baptist in Montville, and Ridgefield Park Reformed.

Anyway, I have a question. How much does it cost to run this board every month and how much work does it take? I was thinking of starting a small board. Additionally, does anyone have an onion about vBulletin or other brands of boards? You may need to private message me because this is off topic and I do not think I am approved for posting all over the place yet.

2. NaphtaliPress

NaphtaliPress Administrator Staff Member

Hi Donald, I don't know the real costs to Rich but if you look at the asking per month to help cover the board costs, it is pegged at $300 per month.

3. Donald James Perry

Thanks Naphtali, So that cost, are you talking about time people should get paid or are you talking about hosting cost or are you talking about programming and hosting cost, what costs are these costs? Thanks. Also, in order to get these costs do you know how many visitors you have per day or what is the use rate, gigabits used or whatever terminology that they say that defines usage per month or day. Do you have 1000 posts a day? I am just trying to compare oranges to oranges. Thanks.

4. NaphtaliPress

I don't really know any of that; but I think the 300 just covers the hosting costs for the site.

5. Donald James Perry

ooooooooooh could you take a guess? $300.00 is a big chunk of change, I wish I knew what it was paying for.

6. NaphtaliPress

I gave you my best guess.

7. Goodcheer68

Goodcheer68 Puritan Board Freshman

I’m sure this board needs a lot of data for all the archived threads and such. A board starting out would need very little. If your board ever needs more storage space you can always upgrade at your discretion. All this to say is start with a free board and see how that goes first.

8. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

A bigger problem for a board like this than cost is the need for moderation. You'll need coverage 24/7 if you allow posting in real time. If you have all posts submitted and then posted after review, it will be easier. And you'll likely have far less participation.

9. C. M. Sheffield

C. M. Sheffield Puritan Board Junior

Greetings Donald. Trinity Baptist in Montville is our sister church. I hope you've enjoyed the fellowship with those dear brethren. I plan on being up there in the fall for the pastors conference. I look forward to interacting together on the board.

10. Donald James Perry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.