Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denny

Puritan Board Freshman
My Name is Denny, I am currently in denominational limbo at this point,my wife and I are currently members in a PCUSA church, There are a several people that we love dearly here,but we cannot tolerate the liberalism that prevails in this denomination.

Theologically I am Reformed, We have visited the Reformed Episcopal Church in Dallas,Texas. There are some wonderful people over there. My wife wants to go to a Mega-Church in our area,I have discouraged her,but she does miss liturgical worship,We both miss not receiving the Sacraments,and Good Preaching.

My current intrest at this time is Eucharistic Renewal in The Church, At this point I am comparing Luther and Calvin,with the Patristics of the Early Church.

Hope to have some good discussions

[Edited on 9-4-2005 by Denny]

Contra_Mundum

Pilgrim, Alien, Stranger
Staff member
Welcome. God bless your earnest, Spirit directed searching. Not to put a damper or anything on it, just remember, as far as the Board goes, the terms you agreed to when you signed up. If you ever have any questions do not fear to ask one of the Admins or moderators. And most of us have "links" to the regs in our signature boxes.

Again, you are very welcome.

Denny

Puritan Board Freshman
Originally posted by Contra_Mundum
Welcome. God bless your earnest, Spirit directed searching. Not to put a damper or anything on it, just remember, as far as the Board goes, the terms you agreed to when you signed up. If you ever have any questions do not fear to ask one of the Admins or moderators. And most of us have "links" to the regs in our signature boxes.

Again, you are very welcome.
Hello,

If you are refering to my adherence the Reformed Confessions,I don't see that they are contrary to the Word of God at all,is this what rules you are refering to?

Thanks

BayouHuguenot

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Originally posted by Denny
My current intrest at this time is Eucharistic Renewal in The Church, At this point I am comparing Luther and Calvin,with the Patristics of the Early Church.

Have you read Mike Horton's A Better Way? I found it filled with many helpful insights on worship. Also, have you read Keith Matthison's Given for You? I know Horton recommends that book as well.

Denny

Puritan Board Freshman
Originally posted by Draught Horse
Originally posted by Denny

Have you read Mike Horton's A Better Way? I found it filled with many helpful insights on worship. Also, have you read Keith Matthison's Given for You? I know Horton recommends that book as well.
I have read portions of Matthison's book,I believe it deals with Calvin's view of the Supper,and that the current Reformed position has drifted more towards memorialism.

I have not read Horton's book though.

Puritanhead

Puritan Board Professor
:welcome:

Welcome to the Puritanboard. Be advised, droves of evangelical Christians leaving liberal Christianity... You're welcome on the Reformed bandwagon. It's good to move back to orthodox Christianity and Reformation principles.

I trust God will lead you to a doctrinally-sound church to call home.

[Edited on 9-13-2005 by Puritanhead]

Grinch

Inactive User
Denny,

my wife and I moved here to Phoenix, AZ 5 years ago from Terrell, TX.

Back then we were not reformed, so attended Terrell Bible Church.

Mrs. Grinch

Inactive User
Welcome Denny,

My parents live in Terrell, and I grew up in that area. I met Mr. Grinch there at a local baptist church.

I hope you find a sound church in the near future.

Denny

Puritan Board Freshman
Originally posted by Grinch
Denny,

my wife and I moved here to Phoenix, AZ 5 years ago from Terrell, TX.

Back then we were not reformed, so attended Terrell Bible Church.
Gary,

My wife and I were part of a Non-Denom years ago that met in the Seventh Day Adventist Church on McClouskey st. I believe,there were people in the Church that were from Terrell Bible.

[Edited on 9-5-2005 by Denny]

[Edited on 9-5-2005 by Denny]

Denny

Puritan Board Freshman
Originally posted by Mrs. Grinch
Welcome Denny,

My parents live in Terrell, and I grew up in that area. I met Mr. Grinch there at a local baptist church.

I hope you find a sound church in the near future.

:banana: Nice to meet someone from Terrell!!

Status
Not open for further replies.