Greetings from Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

shead

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi,

Just saying hello, I hope to learn a lot here and to contribute where I can.

My name is Scott Head, I'm a Friendswood, TX resident (south of Houston 20 minute from the surf) and attend Grace Family Church, a new plant of Grace Community Church in Magnolia, TX. We're SBC, profess the London Baptist Confession, are a reformed, family integrated church and have 10 families so far.

As for my own family, I have a wife of 15 years, an 11 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. God has blessed me richly with a wonderful family.

So there ya go, I'm happy to be here!

Scott

fredtgreco

Vanilla Westminsterian
Staff member
Greetings Scott.

I am the new man headed to Katy, to minister in the PCA church there.

Blessings,

shead

Puritan Board Freshman
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

To the question of family integrated churches, we've pretty much tossed out the segregated learning model that we believe was inherited from the public school system, which in turn modeled it after Dewey's rather humanist ideals (among others). We worship together as families, mons, dads, all the children - we offer no sunday school and no age segregation, we stress a strong, covenantal community of very strong relationships. Of necessity, our churches remain rather small, when they get big they send off a group to plant another, and that's how we came about. In our fellowship at least, and most others of the family integrated stripe, we're all home schooling parents and we stress fathers standing in the Biblical role of the husband, of fatherhood and manhood, HE is the primary teacher of our children in all things spiritual, and we hold that this is the way that God calls men to lead their families as taught in scripture. While this is not normative today, historically and Biblically it has been a model that the church embraced. In fact, it is rather Puritan in essence.

Visionforumministries.com has kind of spearheaded the family integrated church movement, it is interdenominational and there is a very fine PCA church in Katy that we love- they too are a family integrated church.

We love it! It has been the catalyst for our family to make many profound changes in our daily life, like daily family worship at home, catechism, hospitality, and accountability that we did not have before. While these things are not BECAUSE of the family integrated church (a Christian should be practicing a God-honoring daily walk regardless of church), they are encouraged and nurtured by our pastor and fellow families.

Again, thank you for the warm welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.