Greetings from St Louis

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wretched Man, Jan 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wretched Man

Wretched Man Puritan Board Freshman

I am a relatively new reformed believer, most persuaded by the 1689 London Baptist Confession, though I attend an OPC church which I am quite happy with. After spending the first 30+ years of my life resisting Christ (raised Catholic and later casually attended various PCA & non-reformed Baptist churches), the growing conviction and eventual love I suddenly had for Christ and his word overcame me. By God's grace alone.

I've been aware of the Puritan Board for years, though just started to peruse it and found your conversations incredibly insightful and entertaining. I appreciate the contributions so many of you make and look forward to the web-based fellowship in Christ this site has to offer.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  2. TylerRay

TylerRay Puritan Board Graduate

Welcome, brother!

3. Susan777

Susan777 Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome!

4. Jeri Tanner

Jeri Tanner Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the board! Please follow the link below to create a signature. We look forward to getting to know you.

5. Regi Addictissimus

Regi Addictissimus Completely sold out to the King

Welcome to the board.This place will challenge and build you up. I look forward to seeing you grow.

6. Edward

Edward Puritanboard Commissioner

Greetings.

7. Pergamum

Pergamum Ordinary Guy (TM)

Greetings, my home church is in Saint Louis.

8. Daughter of Catherine R

Daughter of Catherine R Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome! I've just joined too and though I've been Reformed all my life, I still look forward to learning and growing and being challenged by the discussions here.

9. Wretched Man

May I ask which church?

10. Pergamum

Bible Baptist Church on 3150 Suttton Blvd in Maplewood. It was a Dispensational church and part of the Baptist Bible Fellowship into the 70's when they discovered the doctrines of grace and amillenialism. It has been the only church I've ever been a member of and which sent me to the mission field. The pastors have been there for decades and preach in an expository fashion and are calvinistic and baptistic. Otherwise, there are no frills.

When we went to the mission field, the org we went with gave us all a bible and theology test. Almost all the other candidates except my wife had been through a bible school or seminary. And of the dozen or so candidates, my wife scored second best on these theology tests (behind me), simply because of the teaching of my home church, ahead of the others who had been to bible school.

Here is a short video:

11. hammondjones

hammondjones Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome!

12. jwithnell

jwithnell Moderator Staff Member

Welcome. Are you in the fairly new congregation in Maplewood?

13. Wretched Man

I had considered checking out that church when I moved into the area a little over a year ago. It was a bit of a hike for me though, living out in St. Charles. Had I not found the OPC one which I like, I probably would have eventually checked it out.

I look forward to keeping in touch with you on this site.

14. Wretched Man

Not sure if you’re referring to me or Pergamum, but no I am not.

15. Wretched Man

Oh you must be referring to another OPC church? Haven’t heard of it. I attend Christ Presbyterian Church in St. Charles.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  16. Pergamum

Ya, that can be a drive.

17. C. M. Sheffield

C. M. Sheffield Puritan Board Senior

Welcome brother. Glad to hear of God's mercy to you. I look forward to interacting here on the board.

18. jwithnell

jwithnell Moderator Staff Member

I musta had the location wrong. I lived in St. Louis before the OPC had a congregation there. You are blessed.

(Go Cards!)

19. Kinghezy

Kinghezy Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome

20. Wretched Man

Can't say I'm a baseball fan, but refuse any affiliation with the Cardinals, having been raised a Reds fan in Cincinnati!

21. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Puritan Board Graduate

Welcome!

22. JennyGeddes

JennyGeddes Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome!

23. TheBruisedReed

TheBruisedReed Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome!

24. wcf_linux

wcf_linux Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome!