Greetings from St Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wretched Man

Puritan Board Freshman
I am a relatively new reformed believer, most persuaded by the 1689 London Baptist Confession, though I attend an OPC church which I am quite happy with. After spending the first 30+ years of my life resisting Christ (raised Catholic and later casually attended various PCA & non-reformed Baptist churches), the growing conviction and eventual love I suddenly had for Christ and his word overcame me. By God's grace alone.

I've been aware of the Puritan Board for years, though just started to peruse it and found your conversations incredibly insightful and entertaining. I appreciate the contributions so many of you make and look forward to the web-based fellowship in Christ this site has to offer.

Last edited:

TylerRay

Puritan Board Graduate
I am a relatively new reformed believer, most persuaded by the 1689 London Baptist Confession, though I attend an OPC church which I am quite happy with. After spending the first 30+ years of my life resisting Christ (raised Catholic and later casually attended a combination of PCA & non-reformed Baptist churches), the growing conviction and eventual love I suddenly had for Christ and his word overcame me. By God's grace alone.

I've been aware of the Puritan Board for years, though just started to peruse it and found your conversations incredibly insightful and entertaining. I appreciate the contributions so many of you make and look forward to the web-based fellowship in Christ this site has to offer.
Welcome, brother!

Susan777

Puritan Board Sophomore
I am a relatively new reformed believer, most persuaded by the 1689 London Baptist Confession, though I attend an OPC church which I am quite happy with. After spending the first 30+ years of my life resisting Christ (raised Catholic and later casually attended various PCA & non-reformed Baptist churches), the growing conviction and eventual love I suddenly had for Christ and his word overcame me. By God's grace alone.

Welcome!

Jeri Tanner

Staff member
Welcome to the board! Please follow the link below to create a signature. We look forward to getting to know you.

Daughter of Catherine R

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome! I've just joined too and though I've been Reformed all my life, I still look forward to learning and growing and being challenged by the discussions here.

Pergamum

Ordinary Guy (TM)
May I ask which church?
Bible Baptist Church on 3150 Suttton Blvd in Maplewood. It was a Dispensational church and part of the Baptist Bible Fellowship into the 70's when they discovered the doctrines of grace and amillenialism. It has been the only church I've ever been a member of and which sent me to the mission field. The pastors have been there for decades and preach in an expository fashion and are calvinistic and baptistic. Otherwise, there are no frills.

When we went to the mission field, the org we went with gave us all a bible and theology test. Almost all the other candidates except my wife had been through a bible school or seminary. And of the dozen or so candidates, my wife scored second best on these theology tests (behind me), simply because of the teaching of my home church, ahead of the others who had been to bible school.

Here is a short video:

Wretched Man

Puritan Board Freshman
Bible Baptist Church on 3150 Suttton Blvd in Maplewood. It was a Dispensational church and part of the Baptist Bible Fellowship into the 70's when they discovered the doctrines of grace and amillenialism. It has been the only church I've ever been a member of and which sent me to the mission field. The pastors have been there for decades and preach in an expository fashion and are calvinistic and baptistic. Otherwise, there are no frills.

When we went to the mission field, the org we went with gave us all a bible and theology test. Almost all the other candidates except my wife had been through a bible school or seminary. And of the dozen or so candidates, my wife scored second best on these theology tests (behind me), simply because of the teaching of my home church, ahead of the others who had been to bible school.

Here is a short video:
I had considered checking out that church when I moved into the area a little over a year ago. It was a bit of a hike for me though, living out in St. Charles. Had I not found the OPC one which I like, I probably would have eventually checked it out.

I look forward to keeping in touch with you on this site.

Pergamum

Ordinary Guy (TM)
I had considered checking out that church when I moved into the area a little over a year ago. It was a bit of a hike for me though, living out in St. Charles. Had I not found the OPC one which I like, I probably would have eventually checked it out.

I look forward to keeping in touch with you on this site.
Ya, that can be a drive.

jwithnell

Staff member
Oh you must be referring to another OPC church? Haven’t heard of it. I attend Christ Presbyterian Church in St. Charles.
I musta had the location wrong. I lived in St. Louis before the OPC had a congregation there. You are blessed.

(Go Cards!)

Status
Not open for further replies.