Greetings from Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peccant

Puritan Board Freshman
Looking forward to saying hello to all of you over the future months and chats/debates. I'm an ancient (55) (ex)mariner of reasonably cheerful disposition, but as you can see exceptionally good looking :lol: - and very humble!! Married to Chris, and she's the boss who teaches me submission, the Lord blessed our union with three wonderful children who are all grown up and left home now :banana:.
I have a problem at the moment in that having become a dedicated Calvinist over the years, its difficult to locate a Church seriously dedicated to the Reformed ways. The local churches are either liberal/Arminian or heading that way! I think that the Arminian 'seed' has led to 'Liberalism' in the Church. - Have you debated that yet?

A special hello to all you guys over the pond in the U.S.of A. from Scotland (once home of Knox's great Kirk, and seed of many Reformers through the centuries, sadly now secular and in decline.) In a way you guys have got the ball now, so run with it!!
Have been very glad of the Reformed sites you brought on line for us all. Especially thankful for 'Puritan Minds' and the info and study it affords to folks. Keep up the good work.

God be with you and your ministry.

Scott Bushey

Puritanboard Commissioner
Welcome Grant!

I have a problem at the moment in that having become a dedicated Calvinist over the years, its difficult to locate a Church seriously dedicated to the Reformed ways.
I understand and can painfully relate...........

WrittenFromUtopia

Puritan Board Graduate
Grant, if you are nearby, I highly recommend the Airdrie Reformed Presbyterian Church. The pastor (Andrew Quigley) is outstanding. He has spoken at one of our presbytery meetings here in the U.S. before. I'm a member of the Reformed Presbyterian Church (Covenanters) from your homeland, and cherish its Scottish heritage.

Arch2k

Puritan Board Graduate
Originally posted by Scott Bushey
Welcome Grant!

I have a problem at the moment in that having become a dedicated Calvinist over the years, its difficult to locate a Church seriously dedicated to the Reformed ways.
I understand and can painfully relate...........
:ditto:

and

:welcome:

just_grace

Puritan Board Freshman
Scotland

Hi Grant, I went to the Scottish Agricultural College in Scotland, then
living in the Pentland Hills then moved to Galashiels in the Borders and then Dumfries, got married on Incholm in the Firth of Forth. Consider Scotland my home, although exiled in France at the moment.

Welcome, like you I am not in fellowship at the moment but have a 'eglise reformée' lined up...

Ya kina what I mean :)

http://www.podsdad.net/cauterets_mp.html

Peccant

Puritan Board Freshman
Greetings Brothers and Sisters;

Just thought I'd pop in on this warm and muggy Scottish Sabbath day, and say thankyou all for a warm welcome. Much appreciated.

Some have suggested churches eg: FPC and FCOS.
FPC is not active in my area and travelling is something I have to consider, due to wife's condition. I do avidly read their monthly mag. and probably would attend them if it were possible.
FCOS - Well let me put it this way! They have recently split and the other half, namely FCOS(Cont) - had I been with them then - I would have gone with the "Cont." folks. If you get my meaning.
I'm a little bit worried about FCOS in that I wouldn't be surprised to see them in future years "rejoin" the present C.of S. I think the seed is planted.

These are "perilous times" as Paul warns, and we must, by His grace, be very discerning, as I'm sure you have noted already.

Once again thankyou for the warm welcome. God be with you all and Bless your ministries.

just_grace

Puritan Board Freshman
Don't worry, He will not let you go. You will come through and find a home.
Do not get hung up on deep stuff too much.

LadyFlynt

Puritan Board Doctor
Originally posted by street preacher
From one Scot to another, Welcome!! I married a Finnish girl.
Honey, honey, honey! He's a SCOT...he'd rather know that I'm half Scottish than to hear that I'm an eighth Finnish! (shakes head at hubby...I'm more Scot than he is..now where did I put his kilt?)

Grant, WELCOME to the PB!!! Nice to hear from the motherland!

Status
Not open for further replies.