Greetings from NE U.S.A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael E

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello all,

I recently joined the forums out of Northern Virginia (moving to Pennsylvania next month). I became reformed after getting saved in a hypercharismatic cult-esque church in Florida and have been faithfully following the tradition for 10 years strong at this point. I'm reformed baptist but am going to be exploring a PCA church and a URCNA church when we move. I've previously served 2 years on staff at my local church and now work in cybersecurity. I have a wife of 6 years and a 1.5 year old daughter with one on the way. It's a pleasure to be here and I look forward to learning from all of you and getting to meet you.

JennyGeddes

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome to the forum, Michael! And praise God for delivering you and your family from the clutches of charismania!

Jake

Puritan Board Junior
Welcome! I encourage you to also visit ARP and RPCNA congregations as well if they are around you (some of both in PA). A lot of rich history from the Covenanters and Seceders in Pennsylvania. :)

Michael E

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome! I encourage you to also visit ARP and RPCNA congregations as well if they are around you (some of both in PA). A lot of rich history from the Covenanters and Seceders in Pennsylvania. :)
Thanks! We certainly will, we'll be in a small town of only 5,000 people and we've seen what we feel are two strong contenders for solid churches within 6 minutes of us surprisingly but we're not opposed to driving further. It sure would be nice though if we did end up that close to a faithful congregation haha

Edward

Puritanboard Commissioner
Greetings from NE U.S.A ... out of Northern Virginia (moving to Pennsylvania next month)
Your title says NE, but Virginia certainly isn't (mid -Atlantic) and Pennsylvania isn't, either.

"A United States Geological Survey publication describes the Mid-Atlantic Region as all of Maryland, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, along with the parts of New Jersey, New York, and North Carolina that drain into the Delaware and Chesapeake Bays and the Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds." - Wikipedia.

SeanPatrickCornell

Puritan Board Sophomore
Your title says NE, but Virginia certainly isn't (mid -Atlantic) and Pennsylvania isn't, either.

"A United States Geological Survey publication describes the Mid-Atlantic Region as all of Maryland, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, along with the parts of New Jersey, New York, and North Carolina that drain into the Delaware and Chesapeake Bays and the Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds." - Wikipedia.
I bet you're a lot of fun at parties. :p

Rutherglen1794

Puritan Board Junior
Hello all,

I recently joined the forums out of Northern Virginia (moving to Pennsylvania next month). I became reformed after getting saved in a hypercharismatic cult-esque church in Florida and have been faithfully following the tradition for 10 years strong at this point. I'm reformed baptist but am going to be exploring a PCA church and a URCNA church when we move. I've previously served 2 years on staff at my local church and now work in cybersecurity. I have a wife of 6 years and a 1.5 year old daughter with one on the way. It's a pleasure to be here and I look forward to learning from all of you and getting to meet you.
Welcome to the Board.

I highly recommend you pick up a copy of Lou Priolo’s Teach Them Diligently ASAP! Required reading for every parent; and the earlier the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.