Greetings from Miguel

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerRay

Puritan Board Graduate
Since I'm new here, could you tell me more about your denomination?
Our group is a Scottish Presbyterian denomination with a Presbytery in the United States. We hold to the original Westminster standards, and exceptions to the Confession are not permitted.

Our worship is simple, and strictly regulated by Scripture. It consists of prayer, the reading of the Word, the preaching of the Word, the (a capella) singing of Psalms, the occasional administration of the Sacraments, and a benediction.

Although we have the above distinctives, the emphasis in the Free Church (Continuing) is on vital heart religion. The preaching is expository and theological, but it always aims at the heart, with the goal of making men into worshipers of the Triune God.

Last edited:

Miguel

Puritan Board Freshman
Our group is a Scottish Presbyterian denomination with a Presbytery in the United States. We hold to the original Westminster standards, and exceptions to the Confession are not permitted.

Our worship is simply, and strictly regulated by Scripture. It consists of prayer, the reading of the Word, the preaching of the Word, the (a capella) singing of Psalms, the occasional administration of the Sacraments, and a benediction.

Although we have the above distinctives, the emphasis in the Free Church (Continuing) is on vital heart religion. The preaching is expository and theological, but it always aims at the heart, with the goal of making men into worshipers of the Triune God.
Sounds good!!! I will make a visit!! Also I have a friend who is a Pastor in the Free Church, but I do not think is the same denomination, because he told me once that his Church was the only one of Its denomination in the U.S.

Miguel

Puritan Board Freshman
I would suggest that the differences would be more at the congregational than at the denominational level, with the greatest range, of course, in the PCA.

What are you used to in worship in your home church?
In Brazil there are four factions in the denomination: liberals, charismatics, broad evangelicals, and the Reformed party.
Unfortunately my home church is broad evangelical, and most of my presbytery charismatic. Because of that I can not have my home church as parameter to chose a church in the U.S..

TylerRay

Puritan Board Graduate
Sounds good!!! I will make a visit!! Also I have a friend who is a Pastor in the Free Church, but I do not think is the same denomination, because he told me once that his Church was the only one of Its denomination in the U.S.
Yes, there was an unfortunate split in the Free Church of Scotland in 2000. The other side, known simply as the Free Church of Scotland, has one congregation in the United States.

If you want to know about the split, there was a recent thread about it: https://puritanboard.com/threads/wh...nd-and-the-free-church-of-scotland-con.92673/

timfost

Puritan Board Senior
Since I'm new here, could you tell me more about your denomination?
Yes, the Reformed Church in United States (RCUS) is a small denomination holding to the Three Forms if Unity. You can learn more about us at rcus.org, or feel free to ask more specific questions regarding our beliefs and/or history.

Blessings,

Tim

timfost

Puritan Board Senior
BTW, my brother married a lady from Brazil (Recife). They both speak fluent Portuguese. They are also RCUS members. Let us know if you're ever in the area!

Miguel

Puritan Board Freshman
BTW, my brother married a lady from Brazil (Recife). They both speak fluent Portuguese. They are also RCUS members. Let us know if you're ever in the area!
I'm married with an U.S Citizen, and we just had our first baby. Unfortunately I could not find a RCUS church around my area.

timfost

Puritan Board Senior
I'm married with an U.S Citizen, and we just had our first baby. Unfortunately I could not find a RCUS church around my area.
No, unfortunately they are mostly out West. Congrats on your baby and I hope that God truly blesses your studies.

Status
Not open for further replies.