Greetings From DTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maestroh

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello all.

I am new to the board. My name is Bill Brown, and I presently serve Jesus Christ as Music Director of Vista Ridge Bible Church in Lewisvlle, Texas. I am also a second-year student at Dallas Theological Seminary, where my advisor is the illustrious (and famous) Daniel B. Wallace.

I am presently working on a Th.M. in New Testament Studies, raised a Southern Baptist, and confess the LBCF.

Maestroh

Maestroh

Puritan Board Freshman
Originally posted by marlowho
Welcome from a fellow newbie.

And I have a good friend who's husband is finishing up at DTS now. :up:
Can you give me a name?

Perhaps I've had (or will have) class with this person.

Maestroh Bill Brown

Pilgrim

Puritan Board Doctor
Originally posted by Puritanhead
:welcome:

DTS? That's the Liberty University of the Deep South. ;)

:lol:
No way. (Of course I know you were joking). I don't think there really is anything to compare to Liberty in the Deep South. All of the schools I'm thinking of are either more liberal than Liberty or are ultra legalistic "bible" colleges.

Maestroh

Puritan Board Freshman
Hardly the "Liberty University" of Texas.

The only 'bans' are on smoking and drinking - and even then, the handbook clearly states that there is no scriptural condemnation of either.

We don't even have to wear ties anymore!!! (That's thanks to Chuck Swindoll).

And I doubt a Pentecostal could ever get into Liberty; we have many AGs and CMAs - obviously we're mostly Baptist and Presbyterian, but we also have a few Anglicans, Methodists, and other traditions.

Again, I seriously doubt we could compete with Liberty on that one.

And btw, I seriously doubt Dr. Bailey would ever sue Larry Flynt.

Pilgrim

Puritan Board Doctor
Originally posted by Maestroh
Hardly the "Liberty University" of Texas.

The only 'bans' are on smoking and drinking - and even then, the handbook clearly states that there is no scriptural condemnation of either.

We don't even have to wear ties anymore!!! (That's thanks to Chuck Swindoll).

And I doubt a Pentecostal could ever get into Liberty; we have many AGs and CMAs - obviously we're mostly Baptist and Presbyterian, but we also have a few Anglicans, Methodists, and other traditions.

Again, I seriously doubt we could compete with Liberty on that one.

And btw, I seriously doubt Dr. Bailey would ever sue Larry Flynt.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.