Greetings from Denmark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan Mortensen

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello, I am Johan, 24-year old reformed baptist (1689) living in Denmark.

I study History and Classical Languages and am currently writing my MA-thesis on Providence and Miracles in 17th century Denmark.

I actually grew up in a reformed baptist family and came to Christ as a boy at 11 years of age. I attend a small brethren congregation in northern Germany, where I also preach. I hope and pray that the Lord will use me in his kingdom. And I am getting married this summer!

/Johan

Berean

Puritanboard Commissioner
Greetings, Johan. We have another member from Skive, Denmark by the name of Martin Marsh. He goes by @PresbyDane but has not been here recently.
Velkommen!

SavedSinner

Puritan Board Freshman
I am guessing your congregation is in Schleswig-Holstein (which town?). I rode my bicycle through much of that land and up to Ringköbing on the North Sea coast.

Johan Mortensen

Puritan Board Freshman
I am guessing your congregation is in Schleswig-Holstein (which town?). I rode my bicycle through much of that land and up to Ringköbing on the North Sea coast.
Yes, the congregation meets in a house in "Stadum", a village of a thousand inhabitants. But you may better know Flensburg, where I have some hopes that a reformed baptist church may some day be planted. (Actually, my uncle lives in Ringkøbing)

nickipicki123

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi Johan! Nice to meet you. I'm Nicki :) I studied abroad in Copenhagen for four months! While I was there I lived in Helsingør, commuted to København for school, and went to the Calvary Chapel in Hillerød. Also got to visit Aarhus! I hear there is a Reformed Baptist church in København now, but it wasn't around when I was there!

Johan Mortensen

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi Johan! Nice to meet you. I'm Nicki :) I studied abroad in Copenhagen for four months! While I was there I lived in Helsingør, commuted to København for school, and went to the Calvary Chapel in Hillerød. Also got to visit Aarhus! I hear there is a Reformed Baptist church in København now, but it wasn't around when I was there!
Hi Nicki! Good to hear from you! Yes, by God's grace there is now a reformed baptist church in Copenhagen - and I have good contact with them... It's a small but faithful congregation - and God has blessed them with 2 elders. They also have English translation, so it's welcoming to internationals as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.