Greetings from Boise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parmenas

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello, my name is Wyatt.

I am a sixteen-year-old who was born and raised in Boise, Idaho. I am a sophomore in a private Roman Catholic high school. I have been a lurker of this board since the end of last year (2016). At the time I began lurking on here (a result of my frequent visitation of A Puritan's Mind), I was a Molinist (eek!) with Reformed sympathies. I prayed for God to lead me in His truth, and He certainly did. By mid to late January, if I recall correctly, I was a Particular Baptist, then in April (it seems like such a long time already!) I was suddenly convicted of the propriety of infant baptism, which quickly led to an acceptance of Reformed (Presbyterian) doctrine as the truth of the word of God, as pure, undefiled, apostolic Christianity. I now wholeheartedly subscribe to every jot and tittle of the Westminster Standards.

The chief reason I joined the Puritan Board was to have Reformed fellowship, as I have no Reformed Christians in my personal life. I believe this board will draw me closer to Christ and nurture my growth in grace. Events just as recent as today have further pushed me to become a member of this great board.

I will make it a priority to pray for all of you. All I ask is that you pray for me, that you would pray for me in my Christian walk, that God would draw me closer unto Himself and make me to grow in His grace. Pray that my father, a staunch antinomian dispensationalist, would search the scriptures and come to the light of God's truth.

Spurgeon was most correct when he said that "there is no time for serving the Lord like the very earliest days of youth."

Lastly, it must be said that I have moderate Asperger syndrome, a kind of autism.

Fun fact: John Knox is my thirteenth great-grandfather.

May the Lord lead all of you in the truth of His word. I thank you in advance for your warm welcome.

Edit: Clearer phrasing

Last edited:

Edward

Puritanboard Commissioner
Greetings. It looks like the United Reformed denomination might be the best bet around there. Stay away from CREC.

py3ak

They're stalling and plotting against me
Staff member
Welcome, Wyatt! May the Lord hear and grant the gracious desires of your heart.

Cymro

Puritan Board Junior
Wyatt, may you follow in the steps of your 13th great grandfather in doctrine and commitment. But mature further before you undertake his public vocal opposition to error and corruption. God bless your isolation from others of like mind, to engrossment in spiritual study of the old paths and the old ways. Every blessing.

Frosty

Puritan Board Sophomore
Welcome, Wyatt! I enjoyed reading your post. Hoping you can found some local fellowship very soon!

Peter Hyatt

Puritan Board Freshman
Wyatt, a lot of people diagnosed with mild Aspergers have some very special intellects! You appear to be one of them. Use it to the glory of God.

Atonement

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome, Wyatt! I tend to be the only Reformed believer amongst the loved ones in my life as well (for now), but stay strong in the faith. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless you, and best of luck through your journey!

BGF

Puritan Board Sophomore
Welcome! Very familiar with Asperger's syndrome as my own 16 year old son was diagnosed when he was younger.

Stephen L Smith

Staff member
Lastly, it must be said that I have moderate Asperger syndrome, a kind of autism.
Greetings brother. I also have Aspergers Syndrome. Although it has its trials, people with Asergers have unique giftings that can build up the church.

Martyn Lloyd-Jones taught some very encouraging things abut your ancestor John Knox. He argued the reformers were men of prayer and men who we faithful in the pulpit. “Such a man was John Knox, ” writes Lloyd-Jones, “with the fire of God in his bones and in his belly! He preached as they all preached, with fire and power, alarming sermons, convicting sermons, humbling sermons, converting sermons, and in the face of Scotland was changed …” See http://www.heritagebooks.org/products/john-knox-and-the-reformation-lloyd-jones.html

Ed Walsh

Puritan Board Junior
I am a sixteen-year-old who was born and raised in Boise, Idaho. I am a sophomore in a private Roman Catholic high school. I have been a lurker of this board since the end of last year (2016). At the time I began lurking on here (a result of my frequent visitation of A Puritan's Mind), I was a Molinist (eek!) with Reformed sympathies. I prayed for God to lead me in His truth, and He certainly did. By mid to late January, if I recall correctly, I was a Particular Baptist, then in April (it seems like such a long time already!) I was suddenly convicted of the propriety of infant baptism, which quickly led to an acceptance of Reformed (Presbyterian) doctrine as the truth of the word of God, as pure, undefiled, apostolic Christianity. I now wholeheartedly subscribe to every jot and tittle of the Westminster Standards.
Welcome Wyatt,

What an incredible testimony for the tender age of 16. Perhaps God has big things in store for you. The fields are white to harvest, but the laborers are few. I have to admit I am a little jealous. I was 20 when the Lord called me from drugs and a lifestyle that went along with it. I was 23 before I became convinced of Calvinism. But it was another 15 years before I wholeheartedly embraced the Westminster Standards. You have a substantial head start on most men. Be humble but look to God for his hand on your life. I will try to pray for you.

Ed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.