Greatest Movie Line ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best line ever:

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

MDR40.gif

rofl3.gif

Today, it would be: "You mean like, Democrats, Republicans, so on and so forth?"

As for me, I like this as the greatest line from a movie:

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', Boy." - Josey Wales

I really do not think the quote would apply to Republicans. I am not a Republican but I do not that it can even be stretched that Republicans do not think or are just led blindly. I cannot count the number of times that I have heard of Republicans saying that they do not like McCain very much (They will hold their nose) but vote for him because we have a shot at a major overhaul of the Supreme Court, because of some particularly bad agenda of Obama etc.

When you look at the Democrats, Obama is the greatest thing since, EVER.

CT

Today, it would be: "You mean like, Democrats, Republicans, so on and so forth?"

I really do not think the quote would apply to Republicans. I am not a Republican but I do not that it can even be stretched that Republicans do not think or are just led blindly. I cannot count the number of times that I have heard of Republicans saying that they do not like McCain very much (They will hold their nose) but vote for him because we have a shot at a major overhaul of the Supreme Court, because of some particularly bad agenda of Obama etc.

CT
:confused:Let's see:
-For Abortion on demand
-For increased taxes
-For socialized medicine
-For higher gas prices -- his quote (I'm paraphrasing) "I don't have of problem with the high cost of gas, just with how fast it got this high..."
I think you need to change your assessment to "...Obama is the best thing since -- Jimmy Carter.."

Here's the best line In my humble opinion

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring, in which case you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought..."

Gandalf, replying to Frodo who said that he wished that all this trouble had not happened in his time.

Movie: "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Last edited:
Ah yes, that exchange...

Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*.
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*.
Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*.
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Vizzini: Enough of that.
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.
Vizzini: No more rhyming now, I mean it.
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?
Vizzini: DYEEAAHHHHHH.

A bunch more at: The Princess Bride (1987) - Memorable quotes

Remember I'm a Marine..
"You can't handle the truth!" Jack Nicholson - A Few Good Men
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning." Robert Duvall - Apocolypse Now
"Charlie don't surf..." - ""

CT
:confused:Let's see:
-For Abortion on demand
-For increased taxes
-For socialized medicine
-For higher gas prices -- his quote (I'm paraphrasing) "I don't have of problem with the high cost of gas, just with how fast it got this high..."
I think you need to change your assessment to "...Obama is the best thing since -- Jimmy Carter.."

I kinda think that was his point :)

"You see in this world, there's two kinds of people, my friend - those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXldafIl5DQ]YouTube - The Good The Bad and the Ugly Finale[/ame]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back