Great books on heaven and hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusIsLord

Puritan Board Freshman
Gents, a buddy of mine is seeking for a book on heaven and hell. Would you guys have any suggestions?

Moreland and Habermas have a good book Immortality. There are two editions. The Wipf and Stock edition is pricey. The other isn't.

On the subject of hell, several titles by Jonathan Edwards are out there: "The Wrath of Almighty God"..."Unless You Repent". By John Gerstner there is "Jonathan Edwards on Heaven and Hell." By Thomas Vincent there is "Fire and Brimstone," and "Christ's Sudden Appearance to Judgment." On the subject of heaven get William Gearing's "The Glory of Heaven." All of those were published by Soli Deo Gloria. John Bunyan's "Sighs From Hell" is published by the Northampton Press and is still in print. I don't know about the other titles.

Shedd's "The Doctrine of Endless Punishment" and Blanchard's "Whatever Happened to Hell?" are two good books on the subject. Shedd's book, in particular, explains why Hell is eternal.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Does Edwards hold the view that hell is a place under the surface of planet earth? I think I heard a Gerstner lecture where he suggested as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back