Grace & Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abd_Yesua_alMasih

Puritan Board Junior
:book2: Today I bought Grace & Power by Charles H. Spurgeon for $19.95 (New Zealand dollars) - was this a good buy? Keeping in mind that is about $9-8 US. I realise Spurgeon is a good writer so I am not really asking if the book is good but if you do have any comments can you post them here? There was so much I could have bought but I only had $20. A few months ago I bought 115 Christian books on a CD and it is good walking into a book shop and finding you own so much that is on the shelves (even if most of it is rubbish...) My personal library if I count clearly laid out texts on CD would now number about 4100-200 books. 6000 more and I will rival Spurgeon ;)

On a side note I thought it was very encouraging that this local book shop is selling more reformed books. They had a book on predestination there I found (I forgot the name but I have heard it thrown around here as good I believe) and then when I asked about Spurgeon's books the attendant said they have sold most of all and there are only two copies left. A woman earlier had come in and bought one also. Be encouraged! The world is not entirely lost. There is hope.

Originally posted by Abd_Yesua_alMasih
:book2: Today I bought Grace & Power by Charles H. Spurgeon for $19.95 (New Zealand dollars) - was this a good buy? Keeping in mind that is about $9-8 US. I realise Spurgeon is a good writer so I am not really asking if the book is good but if you do have any comments can you post them here? There was so much I could have bought but I only had $20. A few months ago I bought 115 Christian books on a CD and it is good walking into a book shop and finding you own so much that is on the shelves (even if most of it is rubbish...) My personal library if I count clearly laid out texts on CD would now number about 4100-200 books. 6000 more and I will rival Spurgeon ;)

Actually buying the Spurgeon Cleection on CD ROM would be a better idea I think, since I found out many books published in Spurgeon's name are collections of his sermons.

Originally posted by duncan001
Actually buying the Spurgeon Cleection on CD ROM would be a better idea I think, since I found out many books published in Spurgeon's name are collections of his sermons.
Yes I would agree that would be rather economic and I probably should some time but you cant beat a good book nicely laid out in front of you with pages you can turn. My general theory is I should buy lots on CD but still have key books which I can read. The texts on the CD's are often just for refrence material or quick reads if I find mention of them.

:D :book2: :book2: :book2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back