Govt. goes too far!!! NY legislates against fatty foods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next thing, no caffeine, no chocolate...
icon_scare.gif

When are these big government beaureaucrats gonna realize that prohibition tactics don't work?

Sigh...... This is the nanny state gone crazy. It's pretty scarry really.

When are these big government beaureaucrats gonna realize that prohibition tactics don't work?

Sigh...... This is the nanny state gone crazy. It's pretty scarry really.

You give them too much credit by assuming they do these things for noble purposes. ;)

okay, I don't have a problem with them banning an ARTIFICIAL known health hazard. They can still sell fried foods...they just have to used natural oils to do it.

Now, caffeine and chocolate...they might as well bring back prohibition and it's problems...don't see it happening.

Actually, I wouldn't mind the government banning many of the poisons that they have allowed to be put in our food and water supply. Flouride, MSG, Aspertame are among the dangerous chemicals that have plenty of evidence that they should have never been allowed into our food. Also, I always thought that allowing mercury in fillings was one of the stupidest things the government has ever done. With this kind of evidence, I am beginning to believe some of the conspiracy theories that I hear about using chemicals and drugs to pacify and stupify the general population. This is certainly true with the use of drugs like ridalin to treat active children. I sure am glad that I homeschool so the government can't destroy my children's mind and soul.

Don't get me wrong, I consider myself a theonomist so I definitely would like to get government out of 90 percent of the things that they are currently controlling, like education, social security, income tax etc. etc.

Actually, I wouldn't mind the government banning many of the poisons that they have allowed to be put in our food and water supply. Flouride, MSG, Aspertame are among the dangerous chemicals that have plenty of evidence that they should have never been allowed into our food. Also, I always thought that allowing mercury in fillings was one of the stupidest things the government has ever done. With this kind of evidence, I am beginning to believe some of the conspiracy theories that I hear about using chemicals and drugs to pacify and stupify the general population. This is certainly true with the use of drugs like ridalin to treat active children. I sure am glad that I homeschool so the government can't destroy my children's mind and soul.

Don't get me wrong, I consider myself a theonomist so I definitely would like to get government out of 90 percent of the things that they are currently controlling, like education, social security, income tax etc. etc.

To be clear, you are saying that it is good that a government can tell people what they can and can not eat. Right?

crhoades;

Next thing, no caffeine, no chocolate...

You forgot meat..they will make is unconstutional to kill animals for food purposes, because they have all these new fake meat products on the market...worshipping the creation...and not the creator..

crhoades;

You forgot meat..they will make is unconstutional to kill animals for food purposes, because they have all these new fake meat products on the market...worshipping the creation...and not the creator..

My civil disobedience would be to buy black market chickens and raise them underground so I can have myself some fried chicken. And just think of the illegal chicken market. There could be a ton of money in trafficking chickens. Of course the govt. would make a ton of money on enforcing anti-chicken laws. We could have a "War on Chicken". Of course the taxpayers get stuck in the end. You guys will have to pay for my jail cell and slop as I rot away writing the next Pilgrims Progress...

My civil disobedience would be to buy black market chickens and raise them underground so I can have myself some fried chicken. And just think of the illegal chicken market. There could be a ton of money in trafficking chickens. Of course the govt. would make a ton of money on enforcing anti-chicken laws. We could have a "War on Chicken". Of course the taxpayers get stuck in the end. You guys will have to pay for my jail cell and slop as I rot away writing the next Pilgrims Progress...

:rofl:

I love steak
nummy.gif
but I think black marketing cows
cow.gif
would be a lot harder than chickens.
dry.gif

crhoades;

"Soylent Green is people!!! It's PEOPLE!!";)

To be clear, you are saying that it is good that a government can tell people what they can and can not eat. Right?

Not exaclty, if a food additive has been demonstrated to be a type of poison, it would be tatamount to murder or causing some kind of debilitation. Similar to if a woman was putting a small amount of antifreeze in her husbands coffee each morning in order to eventually kill him. But if something is a ordinary food substance like animal, vegtable or grain than their should be absolutely no prohibition against eating such foods. I am simply saying that some of the chemicals that food manufacturers are allowed to put in our food, usually to enhance the taste or to act as a preservative, that have been demonstrated to be harmful (I realize that some line has to be drawn as to how you define hamful) should not be allowed to be used. Most of the general population know little about chemistry, so I would think that the government should have some role in protecting the citizens from practices that most would agree would be considered unethical if the truth about certains substances were known. I have three children and I want to be cautious for them, since I do not trust the government to be cautious enough for us. Also with the way that big businesses have been known to cut as many corners as possible with little or no concern for ethics, I would like to have some protection provided for the general population.

Of course, I feel that I'm in a catch 22, since I do not trust our fascist (a society controlled by big government and big business) system that we have had slowly imposed on us in this country.

This ban is stupid. Why don't they ban cigarettes, chew, and other addictive substances. Why don't they? Because they can tax the cigs and get plenty of money! Secondly, if someone wants to eat food fried in trans fatty oil that's their decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back