Good works or baptism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your first post you said:

This is why I am lost. Do you know you said this? I REALLY am lost. I am not trying to be a jerk.

I can understand your confusion, Josh. Perhaps I can help. He was being sarcastic in the second post. He was trying to (unsuccesfully) show that Van Til(lians) advocate irrationality. He didn't make his case, of course.

In your first post you said:

This is why I am lost. Do you know you said this? I REALLY am lost. I am not trying to be a jerk.

Here is a little hint. Reflect on the word "Also". What does it mean? How does it function grammatically? What does it link to?

I can understand your confusion, Josh. Perhaps I can help. He was being sarcastic in the second post. He was trying to (unsuccesfully) show that Van Til(lians) advocate irrationality. He didn't make his case, of course.

The course, the fact that the Shepherdites come right out and tell you that the fact that their doctrine is contrary to the Confessions is the sign that the doctrine is true because "Van Till taught that truth is illogical" had nothing to do with it! And John Frame himself said that the illogic had to be applied to the doctrine of justification.

Having heard this from Shepherd students, supporters and proteges, I know that this is their ideology. It is interesting that Shepherd himself could not pass up a chance to take a bash at logic.

Here is a little hint. Reflect on the word "Also". What does it mean? How does it function grammatically? What does it link to?

I have been doing my best to treat you with respect in this thread, however, despite my best effort you have been continually rude. (it is possible I have miss read your last 5 posts, but I doubt it) A nice, polite, straight forward answer would have been preferred to this one. On this note, I would like to let you know that I am done interacting with you on this thread. Thank you for your time.

Thank you for helping me out. :handshake: I wish tewilder could have been so helpful. After all, it was his comments that I was asking about.

Again, thank you Jacob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back