God's Splendid Handiwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil D.

ὁ βαπτιστὴς
One consideration in planning a recent visit to New England for autumn was of course to take in its legendary fall foliage. We stuck mostly to coastal areas, which according to locals don’t quite realize the same level of colorization found more inland (with northern Vermont reportedly offering the best vistas). Yet having always lived in areas not particularly known for fall colors, my wife and I were quite amazed at the vivid, sometimes flaming scenery we encountered, in venues both great and small.

For myself, in addition to being a blessed respite from the everyday headaches and headlines of life, experiencing the wonders of nature like this always prompts renewed contemplation of the beauty and splendor of its incomprehensible Creator. Though merely temporal and eminently inadequate, nature is still a striking and wondrous expression of His glory and splendor. And then to realize that this omnipotent Creator has condescended to redeem and enter into eternal fellowship with fallen creatures such as myself, is truly overwhelming. …Lord, how great Thou art!

1635000479384.jpeg
1635000533565.jpeg
1635000706202.jpeg
1635001760805.jpeg
1635000808874.jpeg
1635000875375.jpeg
1635000918396.jpeg
1635001072516.jpeg
1635001166818.jpeg
1635001322340.jpeg
1635001399794.jpeg
1635001515936.jpeg

Last edited:
One consideration in planning a recent visit to New England for autumn was of course to take in its legendary fall foliage. We stuck mostly to coastal areas, which according to locals don’t quite realize the same level of colorization found more inland (with northern Vermont reportedly offering the best vistas). Yet having always lived in areas not particularly known for fall colors, my wife and I were quite amazed at the vivid, sometimes flaming scenery we encountered, in venues both great and small.

For myself, in addition to being a blessed respite from the everyday headaches and headlines of life, experiencing the wonders of nature like this always prompts renewed contemplation of the beauty and splendor of its incomprehensible Creator. Though merely temporal and eminently inadequate, nature is still a striking and wondrous expression of His glory and splendor. And then to realize that this omnipotent Creator has condescended to redeem and enter into eternal fellowship with fallen creatures such as myself, is truly overwhelming. …Lord, how great Thou art!

View attachment 8527
View attachment 8528
View attachment 8529
View attachment 8538
View attachment 8530
View attachment 8531
View attachment 8532
View attachment 8533
View attachment 8534
View attachment 8535
View attachment 8536
View attachment 8537
Amen, brother.

Back in CO, my wife and I would camp in the Rockies every week—early spring to late fall. Waking up at 10,000+ feet, taking in the mountains' grandeur always lead to reverence for our Creator. I would give thanks every time I framed my shot and pressed the shutter.

We have always wanted to visit New England in the fall. Seeing your photos have only increased that desire.

Last edited:
Though merely temporal and eminently inadequate, nature is still a striking and wondrous expression of His glory and splendor. And then to realize that this omnipotent Creator has condescended to redeem and enter into eternal fellowship with fallen creatures such as myself, is truly overwhelming. …Lord, how great Thou art!
I just saw your post for the first time.
Everything you said was as beautiful as your stunning photos.

Thanks

Song of Solomon 1:15‭-‬17 ESV
Behold, you are beautiful, my love; behold, you are beautiful; your eyes are doves.

Behold, you are beautiful, my beloved, truly delightful. Our couch is green; the beams of our house are cedar; our rafters are pine.

Jesus is beautiful to us, and we are as beautiful to Him. We are the
"joy that was set before Him" that encouraged Him to endure the cross. (Hebrews 12:2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back