God Brings To Pass His Decrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10797

Q.8 How doth God execute his decree?
A. God executeth his decrees in the works of creation and providence.
Revelation 4:11, Daniel 4:35​

Let us now explore how God brings about His divine decrees. The catechism gives two ways God dispenses His purposes. Firstly, via creation and secondly by providence. Before creation, God desired to create according to His wisdom, power, and knowledge. Nothing catches God by surprise, and nothing is left to random chance (Isaiah 28:29). As God is all-powerful and sovereign all things must be under His control. God could have created much more than he did, but he choose not to. God is pleased with what he has created.

God is not finished bringing His decrees to pass. He is still working in the world and in the lives of men and women, boys, and girls. What shall be and what shall not be is under the authority of God. He creates and destroys, gives life, and takes away, saves and damns, forgives and condemns. All lives matter and life has meaning. Embrace God's will, love him, and submit to His loving commands. Be glad the Lord reigneth.

God has determined where you were born and what family you were born to. He has determined your salvation and the time of your death. Your personality and everything about you is a work of God. The Lord decided I was to be born in 1994 in the United Kingdom. He decided my skin colour, my eye colour, my height, and the fact that I would be born with autism. All these are due to His wisdom, power, and grace. Personally, I would have liked to have been born in the middle of the 19th century, but God determined otherwise. Today, let us give God the glory and thanks for all that He does in our lives and bring to pass the decrees that bring Him glory.

Ephesians 1:9-11 says, “He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him with a view to an administration suitable to the fulness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things upon the earth. In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back