God’s wisdom is never puzzled

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Robert Traill (Stedfast Adherence to the Profession of our Faith), Works 3:132-133:

Believe this firmly, that God’s wisdom is never puzzled or nonplussed, though you be. The Lord knows his matters, and he will not give you an account of them; but we are to believe he knows what he does, and he has a wise end before him. Christians do commonly imagine they are so wise, that if there were any possible good that could be the fruit of such a dispensation, they could perceive it, but, after all their studying, they cannot find what good this can turn to. If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, saith the Lord, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? Zech. 8:6. A severe rebuke given to an unbelieving people. Question: Do you think God’s eyes are no better than yours?

Thank you for this. Knowing my troubles are known to Our Lord is giving me patience if I rest in Him. I woke early this morning with a heart that simply was not right, and I feel like David in the psalms, where I see what evil is all around us, which of course includes my heart apart from the trust I ought to have. My mother used to say "If they can nail Jesus to the cross why not expect suffering in this world?".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back