Go to Church or go to Hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing better that scaring people into church. Now if we could only scare them into heaven. :think:

Odd that he would contradict his title later on in the article. It might be confusing or misleading for the reader.

"Then will I go to hell because I do not go to church? Certainly not. You will go to hell because you despise the law of God, you trample under feet the Son of God, you consider His redeeming blood of no more value than slaughter-house sewage, and you despise God's Holy Spirit of grace (Hebrews 10:28-29). "

If the church was full of Christ spirited people concerned for you, how your conducting your life in the here & now in addition to your next life & if your pastor (with staff)were Godly people then perhaps Church would become a joy to belong to instead of the usual " Same Old Same Old"

If the church was full of Christ spirited people concerned for you, how your conducting your life in the here & now in addition to your next life & if your pastor (with staff)were Godly people then perhaps Church would become a joy to belong to instead of the usual " Same Old Same Old"
Church may or may not be any or all of those things at various times, but it is always a joy to belong to the Body of Christ. If belonging to the Church is 'same old, same old' to someone, the problem is far more likely to reside in that someone than in all the other available people to blame.

Last edited:
Thats a judgment call Brad! you should look around a little more before you make it.

Thats a judgment call Brad! you should look around a little more before you make it.

I for one think Brad is right on, it's not a judgment call it's a biblical concept. We can't judge God or what He wants us to do by looking at how others treat Him, we must look at our own heart and how God is working in it.

What makes you think it's a judgment call?

Brother, and your comment isn't a judgment call? If you really can't find anything to rejoice over concerning the church, rejoice that one day you won't ever sin against your brethren again, and they won't ever again sin against you (it helps to think about it in that order too...). Rejoice that Christ never gives up on His people, as sinful and stubborn as we are. Rejoice that God is long-suffering toward us and forgiving and merciful and gracious and kind. Is church life ever hard? Of course. Look what the Corinthians and the churches in Revelation had to deal with. But, as the sons of Korah wrote, "For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness" (Psalm 84:10). How much more true is this of us under the New Covenant as the spiritual house of God!

Stephen, watch yourself! Please take this as stern warning. Brad is not making a judgment call, he's stating fact. There are plenty of dysfunctional churches, but churches get that way because of dysfunctional, sinful members. Ultimately, you are responsible for patrolling your own heart and motives. A Spirit-led church may add immensely to your enjoyment of worship, but don't look any further than your own curb for the responsible party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back