GNT Reading partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieJ

Puritan Board Junior
I've been reading through the GNT on my own for several years now, sometimes with a few partners. This year, I'm considering doing some GNT reading projects online, if I can find interested people. I would probably host this at my blog, which is currently empty. Here is an example of how it might work:

Project: Ephesians

Schedule:

Eph. 1:1-14 -- March 1

Eph. 1:15-23 -- March 4

Eph. 2:1-10 -- March 7

Etc.

So, the first idea is that the project has a definite length. No one is signing up for an indefinite eternity. That way if people's situations change they can drop out or hop in at a convenient point. Second, there is a clearly defined schedule with several days between each reading. The dates represent the day that I would blog, posting the text and my own observations. The break days would allow time for good discussion and for people who read slowly or can't read on certain days to keep up. I think I've set the requirements so that anyone from an intermediate Greek reader to someone quite proficient could benefit from participation, but I'm open to suggestions as to how to improve the system

So, is anyone interested? If I do get some positive feedback, I will finalize a project and reading plan..... and my blog.

I'd be quite interested in doing this. I'm a little unclear on what exactly would be the nature of my involvement, though. Just discussion of the text? Would we posting our translations with thoughts?

Definitely interested, though, as I've had 3 years of Greek, but haven't been disciplined enough recently to do more than just translate a little here and there.

Last edited:
The commitment would be to do the readings, and it's really a commitment to yourself. I'm not going to have a check-off sheet. :)

But, I'm hoping that everyone will contribute what they are able, even if that's mostly questions. I'd like to have it open for all kinds of relevant discussion - text criticism, syntax, grammar, word usage, discourse analysis, LXX or synoptic parallels, etc.

I've received some positive responses here and there from different sources. I'm in the middle of putting some things together and will update soon. Others still welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back