Global Warming Confirmed

Discussion in 'Natural Revelation and God's Creation' started by VictorBravo, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VictorBravo

VictorBravo Administrator Staff Member

I am working hard trying to abandon my own faulty perceptions. Despite the fact that it is raining pretty hard, there is snow falling at the higher elevations in our valley, and ignoring my apparent need to wear a oilskin duster over a sweater to stay warm, I submit to the hard evidence of our modern instruments.

Global warming is indeed getting out of hand:

View attachment 2761

2. Southern Presbyterian

Southern Presbyterian Puritan Board Doctor

Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

3. VictorBravo

It must be Fahrenheit. The puddles aren't boiling but the chicken I left outside is almost done.

4. jwright82

jwright82 Puritan Board Senior

Liberal propaganda!!!! :p

5. Tim

Tim Puritan Board Graduate

What if it is Kelvin?

6. O'GodHowGreatThouArt

O'GodHowGreatThouArt Puritan Board Sophomore

7. Southern Presbyterian

I don't think there would be anyone around to report it, if it were Kelvin. :)

8. Tim

Tim Puritan Board Graduate

Yep, it would be pretty cold.

9. nwink

nwink Puritan Board Sophomore

And if I remember right, the temperature in Kelvin is reported without a degree sign.

10. Southern Presbyterian

183 Kelvin converts to -130.27 Fahrenheit converts to -90 Celsius. Yep. Pretty cold!

11. Rich Koster

Rich Koster Puritan Board Post-Graduate

It's 18.3C with a burnt out bulb for the decimal point. Now I will be attacked as a hater for disproving global warming, reducing it to a myth. However, they might be "GOING GREEN" and letting people mentally insert the decimal point to save all of those evil fossil fuel generated kilowatt hours. -OR- The sign is broke, use the $1.99 Wal-Mart thermometer, that is screwed to the wall outside the window in the drive-through. :lol:

12. VictorBravo

SKEPTIC!

But now chalk this up to the gnostic power of positive waiting. It gets cooler if we just wait long enough:

View attachment 2762

13. Rich Koster

Rich Koster Puritan Board Post-Graduate

If it gets cooler. screw in the 4 light bulbs that comprise the decimal point for extra warmth, before they force the sign to switch to high efficiency LED bulbs, that cost $50 each, and will be stolen and sold by "street merchants" in exchange for Tide detergent, or other personal items to keep warm.

14. jwright82

jwright82 Puritan Board Senior

I remeber seeing like a day long rock concert on t.v. a few years ago trying to promote awarness of global warming. They kept asking all the bands to give things that we could do to slow down global warming. The stage was like 100 t.v. screens at least, I mean they were burning through some electricity at this thing (and they had like two other concerts worldwide, same set up). I felt like calling up and saying "hey I got an idea to slow down global warming turn off all those t.v. screens you hypocrits".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.