GK Beale's new tome is released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking forward to this book...outline of the study looks great (Union with the Resurrected Christ: Eschatological New Creation and New Testament Biblical Theology):

Part 1: The Biblical-Theological Storyline Related to Resurrection, New Creation, and Union with Christ
1. The Biblical-Theological Storyline of the Inaugurated End-Time Resurrection and New-Creational Kingdom as a Framework for New Testament Theology, Part 1​
2. The Biblical-Theological Storyline of the Inaugurated End-Time Resurrection and New-Creational Kingdom as a Framework for New Testament Theology, Part 2​
Part 2: The Reality and Benefits of Fulfillment in Christ's Life, Death, and Especially Resurrection as the Beginning of the Eschatological New-Creational Kingdom
3. The Resurrected Christ as the Last Adam, the Son of God, and True Israel Who Is a Corporate Representative for His People, So That They Gain Adamic Sonship and Become True Israel​
4. The Resurrected Christ as a Corporate Representative for the Believer as the Temple​
5. The Resurrected Christ as a Corporate Representative for the Believer as True Israel​
6. The Resurrected Christ as a Corporate Representative for the Believer as Wisdom, Righteousness (Justification), Sanctification, and Redemption​
7. The Resurrected Christ as a Corporate Representative for the Believer as a King-Priest Who Endures through Tribulation​
8. The Resurrected Christ as a Corporate Representative for the Believer as a Mission-Oriented Returnee from Exile​
9. Christ and the Spirit: The Resurrected Christ's Identification with the Spirit as a Corporate Representative for the Believer's Spirit-Resurrected Existence​
10. Christ and the Spirit: The Spirit's Work of Bringing People into Union with Christ​
11. The Resurrected Christ's Achievement of Righteousness and the Believers' Identification with That Righteousness, Part 1​
12. The Resurrected Christ's Achievement of Righteousness and the Believers' Identification with That Righteousness, Part 2​
13. The Resurrected Christ's Glory and the Believers' Identification with That Glory, Part 1​
14. The Resurrected Christ's Glory and the Believers' Identification with That Glory, Part 2: 2 Peter​
15. The Believers' Sartorial Identification with the Resurrected Christ's Image and Definitive Separation from the World​
16. The Believers' Identification with Christ's Resurrected New Life and Their Regeneration​
17. The Believers' Identification with Christ's Resurrected New Life​
https://www.heritagebooks.org/products/union-with-the-resurrected-Christ-eschatological
-new-creation-and-new-testament-biblical-theology-beale.html​

Last edited:
It may be, John – but I use Amazon as shipping to the Middle East (on the edge of which Cyprus is), as they ship securely and quickly, even if expensively. But were I in the states I would likely buy from RBH, as I think they also have it on a steep discount!

I just checked: Baker is not releasing it till sometime in April.

I am currently reading his A New Testament Biblical Theology, which is a very impressive tome. My one substantial criticism of both this work and his book on the Temple is the lack of interaction with historical theology.

I am currently reading his A New Testament Biblical Theology, which is a very impressive tome. My one substantial criticism of both this work and his book on the Temple is the lack of interaction with historical theology.
Would you recommend reading the one of the Temple first and then the NT Theology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back