Gettr - Social Media Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmaciver

Puritan Board Sophomore
Is anyone aware of the new social media platform, Gettr, which Trump's team are involved in creating?

It is said to be a free speech platform, along the lines of Twitter, bar the censorship. Perhaps something similar to Parlor, which experienced such a coordinated attack to Shut it down.

Dinesh D'souza gave it a good plug (Here) and (Here).

I'd be interested to hear of anyone who has used it.

I would not have any interest. But even setting that aside, assuming this is a real platform, I can’t help but immediately think: “What a terrible name for a social media platform!” It sounds like “Get-Her”, which I imagine will be spun by any liberal opposition to sound Chauvinistic. If they are a new company, then they already need to fire whoever selected the name.:rofl:

It was apparently lacking in back-end security, as it has already reportedly been hacked by the leftists.

Reinventing the wheel. My "social media" (Diaspora) has been around for about two decades. It's free (with no ads), open-source, distributed rather than centralized, and anyone who wants to can set up their own Diaspora instance. Anyone who is interested can accept my invitation here.

Although I posted this thread, I'm not a social media user. I'm more really interested in the free speech aspect, given the whole cancel culture thing these days.

I think this is what is needed: competition among platforms. Merely passing laws would just raise the barriers of entry for others.

The Gettr moniker is apparently not only a riff on Twitter, but an amalgam of the phrase 'get together'.

I will sign up if they rename to “Gettr Done”
Our daughter, in fourth grade, did an Alabama history project. She asked me what was our state motto and I told her it was “Get ‘er Done.” I did NOT think she had believed me but she had, and turned her report in proudly.

Our daughter, in fourth grade, did an Alabama history project. She asked me what was our state motto and I told her it was “Get ‘er Done.” I did NOT think she had believed me but she had, and turned her report in proudly.
Please tell me you gave her an A+??!!!

I didn't know that was Alabama. In Montana it was "gittidone!" I guess youall are more cultured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back