Get Accordance Basic for $25

Status
Not open for further replies.
$25 is a reasonable price. For a person that has Logos, are there reasons to also get Accordance? I read a few years ago that some people prefer Accordance for original language functions, is that still the case? In any event, I'm only a neophyte in Greek . . . so don't know if any original language advantages would be applicable to me.

Last edited:
Logos is a power hog, but Accordance will run at lightening speed on even old devices. Accordance is more oriented to the languages in some ways and doesn't set out to be a digital library in the same way that Logos does. Logos is certainly sleeker, but I think Accordance is actually simpler to use.

Is it more powerful than Esword? The website is way busy in its overview. Hard to read.

Is it more powerful than Esword? The website is way busy in its overview. Hard to read.

Far, far, more powerful than esword. But, it may be more than the average layman needs. How much work are you doing in original languages? If that's not really an area of study then it may not be worth significant investment (although I would still say it's worth $25 bucks for the basic English sources!)

Far, far, more powerful than esword. But, it may be more than the average layman needs. How much work are you doing in original languages? If that's not really an area of study then it may not be worth significant investment (although I would still say it's worth $25 bucks for the basic English sources!)

My three semesters of ancient Greek is 20 years old though I'd like to pick it up again sometime.

For 25 bones it may be worth a chance though.

Thank you for this information! Here's the one thing I can't do that I'd like to do: When I study the Old Testament especially (but also NT), I want to search and categorise which Hebrew words are used with the same preposition/clause/other words. IE, an example from the NT would be in Colossians 1:24, searching where else in Scripture these Greek words "filling up" and "what is lacking" are both used together (which leads you to Philippians 2:30). Can I do that with Accordance?

Thank you for this information! Here's the one thing I can't do that I'd like to do: When I study the Old Testament especially (but also NT), I want to search and categorise which Hebrew words are used with the same preposition/clause/other words. IE, an example from the NT would be in Colossians 1:24, searching where else in Scripture these Greek words "filling up" and "what is lacking" are both used together (which leads you to Philippians 2:30). Can I do that with Accordance?

I think this feature offers that: https://www.accordancebible.com/Introducing-Construct-Searches

Depends on what your primary emphasis would be in the area of biblical studies, as Accordance is superior for original languages studies, while Logos much better for having a complete library of books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back