George Washington's Eggnog Recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christusregnat

Puritan Board Professor
I know that I can make Christmas believers out of some of your heathen :lol:

Here is George Washington's Christmas Eggnog Recipe (this is from his own recipe archives, although he forgot to mention how many eggs to use).

1 pint brandy
1/2 pint rye whiskey
1/2 pint Jamaica rum
1/4 pint sherry
? eggs
12 Tbsp sugar
1 qt milk
1 qt cream

MIX LIQUOR FIRST, then separate yolks and whites of eggs, add sugar to beaten yolks, mix well. Add liquor to mixture drop by drop at first, slowly beating. Add milk and cream, slowly beating. Beat whites of eggs until stiff and fold slowly into mixture. Let set in cool place for several days. Taste frequently.

I have made it for three or four years running. You're welcome to come by and taste if you live in my area :cheers2: I'm making it today, so it will be good to go by Thursday.

Cheers,

Adam, how many eggs do you use?

Kevin,

I use a dozen. This generally makes for an easier time consuming, although it is still pretty high octane. For a more mellow flavor (alcohol wise), I'd recommend 18 - 24, depending on your potable audience :lol:

I also use a touch of cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and clove with the egg yokes, before the sugar. Then, after all of the mixing is done, I add a couple of cinnamon sticks.

If you end up trying, let me know how it turns out.

God bless, and Cheers,

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back