Gene Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Curtis

Puritan Board Senior
Another thread discussing the idea that God is "romantic" called to mind a book I have heard of for many years, but never read: The Divine Romance by Gene Edwards. A brief google search shows that he has written many books, one of which (A Tale of Three Kings) is on the Recommended Reading List at RTS. Yet the same search revealed that he draws much of his theology from Watchman Nee and Witness Lee. (see here)

Anybody have any insight?

Some of his stuff is okay. Some of it is really bizarre. Some of it is wacky. I find no real consistency other than his inconsistency from work to work.

I have read it. It was a long time ago. If I remember correctly it is a 'view' of creation from an angel's perspective. I remember when reading not that a sort of universalistic view of humanity was there. Not that it the author is a universalist. I do remember the final scene of the marriage of Christ and her bride. It is pretty bizarre. If you like I will try and find my reading noted from that era and see what I wrote about it. I'm pretty sure that set of notes is in the attic so you may have to wait until fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back