Geezer News

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dad has a shirt that says, "I may be old, but at least I got to see all the cool bands."

Maybe we should get Mick one that says, "I may be old, but at least I was IN a cool band."

One of my colleagues went and saw the Stones recently and they were impressed with the show they still put on. Even though Mick is pretty old he's a talented artist.

I'm 71 and Dylan is 72. Pete Seeger and Lawrence Ferlinghetti are 94. A generation on the way out.
All flesh is as grass ..... and the glory of man as the flower of grass ........ I'm acquainted with people in their twenties and thirties who haven't the foggiest idea who James Stewart, Clark Gable or say Vivian Leigh were. Another generation or two Mick Jagger will be more or less forgotten let alone Ferlinghetti and his ilk. I remember when I was a teenager and Andy Warhol said 'everybody will have 15 minutes of fame', and I didn't get that at all. Took me another 50 years to understand it.

I didn't realise how cool some of the "old" guys on the Puritan Board are! So much for the crusty reputation of the Reformed :)

I'm 71 and Dylan is 72. Pete Seeger and Lawrence Ferlinghetti are 94. A generation on the way out.

They can keep Jagger,now Ferlinghetti,he's got skills,I miss Kerouac too!-Seeger and Dylan said it-"The times they are a changin"-Psalm 103:16 For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back