G’Day from Australia!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by NathanC, Nov 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NathanC

NathanC Puritan Board Freshman

Hi all,

I’ve had an account for a while but haven’t been active. I’m back and looking forward to being more active :)

A brief background... I grew up in a Christian home and attended church until I was 19, left and lived a worldly life for the next 6 or 7 years, returned to the same church thinking my church attendance and confession meant I was saved.

My now best friend who is a godly man spent much time with me, slowly introducing me to reformed doctrines. On July 11th, 2016 God radically saved me, opened my eyes to my sin, His holiness, my deserving of hell and my need for a saviour. I then realised that all those years I thought I was saved, I was in fact not, which was terrifying. I quickly grew to love the doctrines of grace and His word.

In the last 3.5 years God has shown his faithfulness in keeping me. Now at 30, He has blessed me with a wonderful wife with the same beliefs. I still attend the same Pentecostal church but I would consider myself Reformed Baptist, it’s not always easy but we believe we need to be there.

I’m looking forward to growing in my understanding of God’s word, better understanding biblical doctrines and definitely getting into the puritans which my fascination and desire to read them has recently sparked.

I look forward to learning more and having discussions around here in the future.

Edit: Is it possible to change my username?

• Like Like x 1
    • Rejoicing Rejoicing x 1
    • List
  2. Stephen L Smith

Stephen L Smith Moderator Staff Member

Warm greetings from across the Tasman. It was great to hear about your journey to a solid foundation. Yes you will love the Puritans and find them a blessing.

I understand there are a number of good Reformed churches in Canberra. I have a good friend who is pastor of the Cooma Reformed Bible church not too far from you I think.

I can change your username. What precise wording do you want?

3. NathanC

NathanC Puritan Board Freshman

Yes there are a few good churches here, I’ve already checked out a couple.

If just “Nathan” is taken then maybe “nathanc”. Thanks.

4. Guido's Brother

Guido's Brother Puritan Board Junior

Greetings from across Bass Strait! I'm an ex-pat Canadian serving a Free Reformed Church in Tasmania.

5. Josh Williamson

Josh Williamson Puritan Board Freshman

G'day from Brisbane,

There are some good churches in Canberra, but sadly not RB churches. The nearest would be in Cooma where Scott Clements is the Pastor. He is a faithful brother, and if you haven't already I would encourage you to connect with him.

6. Edward

Edward Puritanboard Commissioner

Greetings.

7. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Puritan Board Graduate

G'day! (Not an Aussie but would love to go there!)

8. hammondjones

hammondjones Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome!

9. C. M. Sheffield

C. M. Sheffield Puritan Board Senior

Greetings brother! I rejoice to hear of God's grace and goodness to you. I look forward to interacting with you here on the board and pray you find it edifying and encouraging.

P.S. I do believe you can change your username, but I am not sure how that is done. I would recommend you PM one of the moderators.

10. Saxon

Saxon Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome!

11. JennyGeddes

JennyGeddes Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome back, Nathan! And may God bless your friend for lovingly introducing you to the doctrines of Grace! I pray you will grow in knowledge from this board and enjoy it too, as I do.

12. Mikey

Mikey Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome!!!

13. Maurya

Maurya Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome brother !! Greetings from Nepal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.