Funny quote at library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notthemama1984

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
I was at the library this morning and happened to look up Van Til's "Defense of the Faith." On the opening page the following was stamped....

The content of this book does not represent the views of Texas Bible College.

I read that and laughed. I did not think Van Til was deemed worthy of a disclaimer.

Here at Southeastern, they have a stack of correspondence between Van Til and Francis Schaeffer arguing over the exact nature of the depravity of man, among other topics. Great reading.

MarieP (or anyone else familiar) should correct me if I'm wrong, but I think paedobaptist stuff at SBTS is similarly stamped.

MarieP (or anyone else familiar) should correct me if I'm wrong, but I think paedobaptist stuff at SBTS is similarly stamped.

Actually, all the paedobaptist literature at Baptist seminaries carry the disclaimer, "The content of this book does not represent the view of God" ;)

Last edited:
A lot of Christian-institutions (BJU for instance) stamp ALL their library books with a disclaimer, not just the ones they don't agree with. Its mainly to mollify reactionary (knee-jerk) heresy-hunters.

A school that assumes its supporters/donors wouldn't instinctively question the institutional "drift," simply because of a library book, probably won't feel the urge to disclaim content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back