Fulfillment of Proverbs 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theognome

Burrito Bill
Yes, Proverbs 31 is actually a prophecy, and it has been fulfilled. Allow me to exegete...

V.10- Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies.

The Lord put the ultimate virtuous wife before me, for she is the Purdiest girl in the whole universe (multiverse?).

V.11- The heart of her husband safely trusts her; So he will have no lack of gain.

I bring home a paycheck, and forget about it- I know that she will care for me and momma completely, and indeed will make it go farther than I ever imagined.

V.12- She does him good and not evil all the days of her life.

Toni was once described as, 'fiercely submissive'. in things both great and small, she is always striving to serve me all the more.

V.13- She seeks wool and flax, and willingly works with her hands.

She hasn't had to buy new clothing for years- she mends, washes and cares for such things with extreme dutifulness.

V.14- She is like the merchant ships, she brings her food from afar.

Our table is filled with delicacies from all over the world, which she prepares herself. She knows the inventory of every specialty store within 20 miles.

V.15- She also rises while it is yet night, and provides food for her household, and a portion for her maidservants.

I get up at 6:00 every morning, shower, and sit for breakfast. A hot breakfast is waiting for me and momma both. She is busy at work well before five in the morning.

V.16- She considers a field and buys it; From her profits she plants a vineyard.

There is not a major purchase we make that she does not improve and cash in on. When we bought a piano, she taught lessons. We buy property, she landscapes it to make it more valuable.

V.17- She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms.

My purdiestness works out at the gym regularly to keep as trim and fit as possible for my pleasure.

V.18- She perceives that her merchandise is good, and her lamp does not go out by night.

Can this gal shop! Just yesterday she showed me a grocery receipt for under $100.00. I couldn't have bought that same stuff for under one-fifty. She made those dollars go farther that I imagined, and even with a tight budget, we lack for nothing.

V.19- She stretches out her hands to the distaff, and her hand holds the spindle.

Nothing is wasted in her hands. Leftovers are eaten, scraps are used in crafts... she maintains a synergy of resources that ever increase.

V.20- She extends her hand to the poor, yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy.

Whether it's meals for those in want or cash for those in dire straights, she is ready to go the extra mile for brethren in need.

V.21- She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household is clothed with scarlet.

Afraid of snow?!? My Purdiestness craves it! The house is always warm, fires are lit and she keeps us all clothed in exactly what we need for the weather of the day.

V.22- She makes tapestry for herself; Her clothing is fine linen and purple.

Regal beauty is best defined by her picture. She dresses as a queen, and rightly so- not only her person but she adorns her home likewise.

V.23- Her husband is known in the gates, when he sits among the elders of the land.

At my work, I am highly respected and am sought often for counsel by co-workers. This is because I have no worries at home and can focus completely on my tasks due to her diligence.

V.24- She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies sashes for the merchants.

Actually, she makes baskets. Fancy ones, and fills them with special themed treats. And yes, they sell well in season.

V.25- Strength and honor are her clothing; She shall rejoice in time to come.

Clothed in the righteousness of Christ, His strength and honor are on her lips to His glory.

V.26- She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness.

If a brother or sister is in need of encouragement, they have only to go to Toni. The Word of our Lord is well known to her, and she speaks His truth with kindness.

V.27- She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Keeping a house clean, filled and organized with a sloppy hubby and a 'file by pile' momma is a mammoth task that she fulfills with dignity and grace.

V.28- Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.

I cannot state any ill of her, for there is none. She is without flaw or blemish.

V.29- Many daughters have done well, but you excel them all.

Simply put, none can compare to her.

V.30- Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.

Her beauty does not fade but instead grows every day, for the grace of God flows through her heart.

V.31- Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates.

Here is but a small token of her fruits. My Purdiestness girl has built a man in her house, which is more than I ever dreamed could be done. May she be praised wherever we go, for there is no one like her, nor shall there ever be. She has fulfilled this proverb in every detail, and even yet continues to fulfill it even more. I pray that our God will give her the desires of her heart always, and her life be filled with boundless joy.

Theognome

Happy Valentines Day! What a wonderful post proclaiming thanksgiving to a real life fulfillment and striking portrait of an excellent woman.

Heh. I must admit that I forgot all about valentines day. I wrote this because I was thinking about my Purdiestness. But it will 'get me off the hook' for flowers, I suppose.

Theognome

Up before 5 AM?

Uh oh, I'm in trouble, don't tell my hubby. He thinks I'm a wonderful wife and I want to keep it that way.

Well done Bill. I'm printing this up and including it in tomorrow's bulletin, with full credit to the husband of Purdiestness, of course. ;)

Well done Bill. I'm printing this up and including it in tomorrow's bulletin, with full credit to the husband of Purdiestness, of course. ;)

I showed Toni your post, and she was very surprised and honored. We both pray that it will be edifying for your congregation.

Theognome

So Bill, before you thought about typing this up to show Toni, what did you break? :D

Break? I fix things, not break them.

But seriously, she was asleep and I was enjoying a snack of some leftovers she had made a couple of days before, and I thought to myself, "She is what Proverbs 31 is all about." After a bit of reflection, I grabbed my bible and started writing. Once I posted it, I then printed a copy and set it on the dresser. That way she'd see it before applying any makeup and thus avoid any smearing issues.

Theognome

...Oh but hey, where did you meet Toni anyway?
You are a blessed man indeed; I pray that the Lord would someday bless me with such a wife. (Especially with all that talk about food! Kissin' don't last but cookin' do.)

...Oh but hey, where did you meet Toni anyway?
You are a blessed man indeed; I pray that the Lord would someday bless me with such a wife. (Especially with all that talk about food! Kissin' don't last but cookin' do.)

Ahh... it's a great tale.

(Please note- most women can recall their first meeting with their hubby vividly, while for most men it's a rather vague memory. This is unfortunate, actually, though there are exceptions, of course)

(Another note- Since my Purdiestness gets purdier every single day, the kissin' has actually increased over the years. This is because of her infinite purdiestness)

Back in March of '98, I was living in Tucson and was an Amway Distributor with quite a few downline. There was a convention in Irvine California at the Marriot hotel, and so me and my group caravaned the 500 miles to the festivities.

Meanwhile, in Pittsburg, California (It's part of the Bay area near San Fransisco) Toni rode with her sponsor to the same convention. She had no downline, but her sponsor was her childhood friend and so she went to 'support' her sponsor's group.

Anywho, during the Saturday lunch break, I wandered into the hotel lobby where they had an unlocked grand piano. I can't pass up such an opportunity, so I sat down and began to play Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. I played the first movement and the second movement- but I felt a pair of eyes behind me. I turned around to see a woman of incredible, stately elegance and beauty standing behind me with much grace and composure. I smiled and she said, "Oh, excuse me, I just have never seen anyone play the third movement before."

I replied, "Well, I'm afraid that I don't have the third movement memorized. I'm sorry to disappoint you."

We chatted a bit more, and she sat down and played some Chopin preludes. I then played some nocturnes. We exchanged voice mail numbers, and parted.

Within a week, we were talking to each other over the phone for several hours a day. I flew to the bay area five weeks later and proposed. We married about six months after that.

Theognome

(Another note- Since my Purdiestness gets purdier every single day, the kissin' has actually increased over the years. This is because of her infinite purdiestness)
:cheers2: See, this shows what I know about kissing.
(Then again, this is what my "love life" looks like: :tumbleweed:)

Within a week, we were talking to each other over the phone for several hours a day. I flew to the bay area five weeks later and proposed. We married about six months after that.

Theognome

Very romantic! And at the beginning of your relationship was she already a Prov. 31 fulfillment, or did by God's grace she develop into such a woman while joined to you?

It sounds like knowing how to play piano and Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata was key to meeting Toni. :think: I might start taking lessons because of your example, bud.

:cheers2: See, this shows what I know about kissing.
(Then again, this is what my "love life" looks like: :tumbleweed:)

Theognome

Very romantic! And at the beginning of your relationship was she already a Prov. 31 fulfillment, or did by God's grace she develop into such a woman while joined to you?

She was fulfilling Prov. 31 right out of the chute, and as the years go on, she has been further perfecting (through the grace of Christ, of course) the ultimate fulfillment.
It sounds like knowing how to play piano and Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata was key (in C sharp minor) to meeting Toni. :think: I might start taking lessons because of your example, bud.

Key... There are laws against such punishment. So, on that note, I'll conclude this post.

Theognome

Awwww! You should publish that! She ought to contribute her knowledge to PB!

Heh. Both myself and Sonja (Rich AKA SemperFidelis's wife) have suggested that she join this board. But she has seen some of the threads we argue on and the topics and the positions (particularly the recent views on US history) make her quite upset and she begins to rail some. Toni will admit that I'm the level-headed one of the household (which should scare any reasonable human being), and she feels that her input would just get her banned when she lambasts some 'misguided' brother or sister for theological laziness. Hopefully, with some persuasion from other fellows here, she'll join. Her personal email is [email protected] (yeah, I'm putting her email on a public board. It's okay). Send her a 'get on this board!' request if you like.

Theognome

Actually, publishing that sounds good, Bill; I wouldn't write that suggestion off.

-----Added 2/15/2009 at 12:27:15 EST-----

Ugh I'm going to bed lol. Goodness..

Actually, publishing that sounds good, Bill; I wouldn't write that suggestion off.

-----Added 2/15/2009 at 12:27:15 EST-----

Ugh I'm going to bed lol. Goodness..

If anyone wants to publish it, they're welcome to do so. It may be one for the books (is that pun intended?).

Theognome

Heh. Both myself and Sonja (Rich AKA SemperFidelis's wife) have suggested that she join this board. But she has seen some of the threads we argue on and the topics and the positions (particularly the recent views on US history) make her quite upset and she begins to rail some. Toni will admit that I'm the level-headed one of the household (which should scare any reasonable human being), and she feels that her input would just get her banned when she lambasts some 'misguided' brother or sister for theological laziness. Hopefully, with some persuasion from other fellows here, she'll join. Her personal email is [email protected] (yeah, I'm putting her email on a public board. It's okay). Send her a 'get on this board!' request if you like.

Theognome

I will! I don't mind being blasted as much as I used to! I've learned a lot here by being blasted. The first time it happened to me I ran scared...now I welcome it cuz I learn from it! This is a great place and I think she would be a great contributor!

Theognome

I will! I don't mind being blasted as much as I used to! I've learned a lot here by being blasted. The first time it happened to me I ran scared...now I welcome it cuz I learn from it! This is a great place and I think she would be a great contributor!

Uber-kewl! I too would love to see her input here, so spam her into submission to the will of PB!

Theognome

This is a false fulfillment! You spiritualized this text!

You are in error. Toni, the Purdiest of all of the girls, is a flesh-and-blood purdies; and her actions, being accomplished on this earth, are very physical (I best not get too much into the physical, this needs to stay rated G) as well as spiritual. So there.

Theognome

-----Added 2/15/2009 at 09:03:16 EST-----

BTW-

Although Toni has the flu today, as of a few minutes ago she is now a member of the board, with the moniker 'Knoxienne'. Hopefully, she'll be feeling better tomorrow and will start the obligatory intro thread.

Theognome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back