From Joseph Hart’s Spiritual Autobiography

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
"For my own part, I confess myself a sinner still, and though I am not much tempted to outward gross acts of iniquity, yet inward corruptions and spiritual wickedness continually harass and perplex my soul, and often make me cry out, “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?” From me they are not yet removed; though I once hoped, with mnay others, that I should soon get rid of them. All I can do is to look to Jesus through them all; cling fast to His wounded side; long to be clothed with His righteousness; pray Him to plead my cause against these spiritual enemies that rise up against me; and though I feel myself leprous from head to foot, believe that I am clean through the word which He hath spoken unto me. In short, I rejoice, not because the spirits are always subject to me (for, alas! I find they are often too strong for me to control), but because my name is written in heaven."

Read it here: https://feileadhmor.wordpress.com/2011/06/26/joseph-harts-spiritual-autobiography/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back