Frog Demons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Puritan Board Graduate
Rev. 16:13 reads: "Then I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet."

I am reading LaHaye's Armageddon (book 513 of the Left Behind series). Anyway, this is how he interprets the above passage. The antichrist, a human inhabited by Satan, opens his mouth and two slimy physical frogs exit his mouth and enter into two robotic like humans (the humans looked like normal humans but appeared to be in a hypnotic state or something - nothing else said about this weirdness). Then, the False Prophet, another human who leads the cult of the antichrist, opens his mouth and a third physical frog demon exits his mouth and enters a third robotic human. When the spirits enter the robotic humans animate. The frogs are Baal, Asherah, and Cankerworm.

Well, at least he is being consistent to his own standard of literalism, I suppose.

So, what do you guys think of this? Who or what do you think the frog spirits are or represent?

I also want to apologize, I should have preceded this message with a "SPOILER - WARNING." :D

Scott

Ralph E. Bass Jr. writes that these "evil spirits" went out of Rome and her leaders (Nero, etc.) and brought forth unity. At this time (AD60) Rome was not united. Brittian had risen up under Boudicca to revolt from Rome.

It took these evil spirits doing signs and wonders to call Rome back into a solidartity it needed to attack Jerusalem.

The frogs were yet another example as to how Jerusalem was now like Egypt.

Revelation 11:8

and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city that symbolically is called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified.

I like the Geneva Bible note on the frogs...

Croaking with all importunity and continually day and night provoking and calling forth to arms, as the trumpets and furies of wars, as is declared in (Rev 16:14).

That's funny, Trevor. That caught my eye too. Of course, I have nothing helpful to contribute except to be glad on that on my eschatology there is very little danger that a frog will ever crawl out of my mouth: it would make a good scene for a movie, though.

LaHaye Prophecy Bible reads, "three unclean spirits like frogs. The satanic trinity (Satan, Beast, and False Prophet) will send these spirits (probably the chief fallen angels in Satan's hierarhcy) "out of the mouth" of Satan himself to deceive the kings of the world into gathering their armies to prepare for what is best known as the Battle of Armageddon. They will gather in the valley of Megiddo, which Napoleon proclaimed to be the most ideal battlefield in the world." [end quote]

I got this Bible real cheap, it seems they're not selling like they thought, it was in a sale bin along with A Case for Amillennialism and now I have both.

It sits on my shelf gathering dust so if anyone wants to know what LaHaye wrote, just post the v. and I'll look it up. If no one posts, it'll continue to gather dust.

:lol:

Originally posted by Scott

I am reading LaHaye's Armageddon (book 513 of the Left Behind series).

Are there really 513 books in this series? The guy must be cranking them out like tadpoles in a spring puddle. :lol:

Originally posted by victorbravo
Originally posted by Scott

I am reading LaHaye's Armageddon (book 513 of the Left Behind series).

Are there really 513 books in this series? The guy must be cranking them out like tadpoles in a spring puddle. :lol:
$$$$$$$$$$:banana:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back