Free Presbyterian Church North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrim0297

Puritan Board Freshman
I was wondering if anyone could give me some detailed information on the FPCNA. Our church is the only reform-ing church in town with traditional worship. I think we would be very similar to them as we have a pretty good mixture of paedos and credos and many of us lean towards a more fundamental approach to church. I have read their statements of faith and understand their position on baptism. I was looking for practical information on things like: 1) are all children members or are only the paedos? 2) what kind of hymnals/psalters do they use? 3) Are they mostly pre-millennial (I know their doctrine states they don’t draw hard lines on that)? 4) what do they mean by separatist? Do they still operate under a Presbyterian form of government or are they independent? 5) What would be some of the hidden curriculum (not being snarky just curious) of the denomination?

I am just curious. I just stumbled onto their website today and listened to some sermons on sermon audio and was blown away. There is not a whole lot of information online so I thought I would try here. Thanks ahead of time for at least reading.

Blessing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might want to look at links between the denomination and Bob Jones University.

You might want to look at links between the denomination and Bob Jones University.[/

Hmmm... cryptic...

I’m not real familiar with BJU. Could you elaborate?

Last edited:
Depends how far down the (Freemason) rabbit hole one wants to go.

Qualifying my statements by saying that I've known fine folk that have graduated from Bob Jones (and other fine folk that have departed Bob Jones by mutual desire with less ceremony), on the Reformed - Fundamentalist spectrum, it would be well on the Fundamentalist side.

So if you value Fundamentalism over Confessional Reformed theology....

I was wondering if anyone could give me some detailed information on the FPCNA. Our church is the only reform-ing church in town with traditional worship. I think we would be very similar to them as we have a pretty good mixture of paedos and credos and many of us lean towards a more fundamental approach to church. I have read their statements of faith and understand their position on baptism. I was looking for practical information on things like: 1) are all children members or are only the paedos? 2) what kind of hymnals/psalters do they use? 3) Are they mostly pre-millennial (I know their doctrine states they don’t draw hard lines on that)? 4) what do they mean by separatist? Do they still operate under a Presbyterian form of government or are they independent? 5) What would be some of the hidden curriculum (not being snarky just curious) of the denomination?

I am just curious. I just stumbled onto their website today and listened to some sermons on sermon audio and was blown away. There is not a whole lot of information online so I thought I would try here. Thanks ahead of time for at least reading.

Blessing!

They have some excellent preachers, and their experimental emphasis is refreshing. However, sad to say, if you use alcohol or tobacco, you'll have to choose between them and the FPC.

Yes, they hold to a Presbyterian form of government.

It might be worth PMing @py3ak. Based on his signature, he was a member of an FPCNA congregation for a while before going to seminary. I don't recall seeing him as much on the PB lately though, so he might miss this thread.

Patrick:
Thanks for the reminder about the tateville site. Do you know who ran that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back