Free PDF books on Project Muse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
I have noticed that there are many free PDFs of books on Project Muse, though you often have to download each chapter separately (beggars cannot be choosers :lol:).

There are a number of works from The University of North Carolina Press.

A friend of mine also highlighted this very interesting edited collection published by Manchester University Press, which should interest PBers, on Church polity and politics in the British Atlantic world, 1635–66.

Folks are always complaining about the price of academic books (and rightly so), but here is your chance to get some for free. I will try to add more links to works/collections of interest when I return home this evening.

@BayouHuguenot

Thanks for posting that, Daniel. The amount of books available is a bit daunting, and I got about 22 after your tip about searching for free Routledge volumes in Kindle.

I don't know if I am more pleased to have gotten this book for free, frustrated over how much time it took, or anxious that in downloading 138 files I may have missed one accidentally.

Thanks for posting that, Daniel. The amount of books available is a bit daunting, and I got about 22 after your tip about searching for free Routledge volumes in Kindle.

I don't know if I am more pleased to have gotten this book for free, frustrated over how much time it took, or anxious that in downloading 138 files I may have missed one accidentally.

I only downloaded the files of the letters that I thought were the most significant, but I may go back on Monday and download the rest as I have already downloaded quite a few of them. Like yourself, I also acquired a lot of Routledge and Palgrave Kindle books. It is brilliant to have these giveaways, though with Project Muse it is hard to know where to begin to start. PBers, however, may be interested in Bernard of Clairvaux: Sermons for the Autumn Season and Bernard of Clairvaux: Sermons for Lent and the Easter Season. Yes, I know we oppose Lent and Easter, or at least we should, but there is no doubt plenty of good material in these volumes by the medieval preacher whom our Reformed divines most loved.

We should have a download party! Instead of both of us having to manually download each individual file in arduous repetition, I can email you what I have and you can email me what you have. I want the Bernard and the Gregory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back