Free hardcover book from MacArthur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Amazon, the list price for the systematic theology is $60.

John MacArthur and Richard Mayhew are the editors. If I had to guess, I'd say that the various chapters of the book are written by Master's Seminary faculty. But, that's just a guess.

Might make an interesting read (look out for bones, etc.). I hope it's carefully done, as he's very influential in American Christianity.

UPDATE: Well, I was sort of right about the book. Perusing the small print from the excerpt from the book at Crossway's site, I notice that (1) six Master's Seminary professors provided drafts of several sections; (2) parts of chapters 4-7 are taken from other books and reference books published by MacArthur, (3) other books by MacArthur and others are quoted from and/or cited throughout; and (4) two of the seminary profs did the final edit for the entire volume (the finished book is about 1,000 pages). So, with (no doubt) freshly written material provided also, the book appears to have been cobbled together from various and sundry sources, along with written contributions from Master's Seminary profs, with MacArthur and Mayhue providing oversight for the whole project.

I'm NOT trying to imply that the book won't be valuable or useful. I think it will be. Just curious about how the book was put together.

Also: the official publication date, per Crossway, is January 31.

MacArthur will preach as long as the church will let him - until he stops making sense or until he drops dead. He's said as much often before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems almost like a more fleshed out version of Macarthur's earlier book, Think Biblically, which was also put together by the faculty of the Master's College and published by Crossway. https://www.christianbook.com/think...worldview/9781433503986/pd/503986?event=ESRCN

They've had a good many books that were put together similarly, either by Master's College faculty, Master's Seminary faculty, (e.g. Rediscovering Expository Preaching) or some combination of current and former Grace Church leaders and individuals who are of like mind on certain issues (e.g. Fools Gold, Right Thinking in a World Gone Wrong, MacArthur's Pastor's Library).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back