For those with big families

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 cp Borax
1 cp washing soda (arm and hammer has this)
3 drops (becareful not to pour this) of Tea Tree Oil or Lavendar Oil (these are antimicrobial...helps with both the laundry and keeping the detergent from 'going bad')
shred and melt 1 bar of soap (your choice...fels, bath soap, homemade bar soap) in a pan of water
mix all in 3-5 gallons of water (get one of those big buckets)
pour into old detergent bottles

It will not create the amount of suds the store bought does and it is gentler to sensitive skin.

I've gotta say, I love this sort of thread too - very practical. To me, it's the icing on the cake for our family. To bring children into a walk with their Saviour and give them a sense of self reliance with a decent work ethic to boot is a magnificent thing. The only problem is that the kids will never learn to work any harder than Mom and Dad demonstrate to them. Adds a little something to a carpentry project with the boys...

BTW, I can't hardly stand toothpaste anymore...gags me. I use plain baking soda. My teeth feel cleaner and I deal with bad breath days less.

:ditto: Colleen

I recently began using baking soda & my teeth have never felt cleaner - and it's cheap! Plus, I prefer a salty taste to a sweet taste any day...

Here in Wichita we have an ALDI ("discount" chain of sorts) grocer. I cut my monthly food spending by 40-50% when I started doing the bulk of our shopping there. Ditto to the Farmer's Markets. Sometimes it's more expensive but sometimes you can get great prices on fresh produce...and it's sometimes helpful to keep in mind that you can pay now (a little more $$ for healthier food than fast/easy food) or pay later in missed work due to illness, health problems later in life, etc. You can also purchase many household items at Dollar Stores, Dollar Trees, etc. cheaper than at Wal-Mart, Target, etc. And I regularly receive compliments on outfits that I purchased at the Goodwill :lol:

My daughters have learned consignment shopping...

They put some clothes on consignment and then use the income they earn to purchase other clothes at the same store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back