For Lawrence...

Discussion in 'Music' started by Backwoods Presbyterian, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backwoods Presbyterian

Backwoods Presbyterian Puritan Board Doctor

[video=youtube;a-3WAhbulFs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-3WAhbulFs&feature=related[/video]

2. LawrenceU

LawrenceU Puritan Board Doctor

Thanks!!

A great scene from one of my favourite movies. Care to take a guess what tag is on the front bumper of my truck? It is this:

[​IMG]

(I've also had people ask me if I was a retired General officer :rolleyes: ! )

3. OPC'n

OPC'n Puritan Board Doctor

Ok, how come I've never heard of the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears the single star?

4. LawrenceU

Because you live in Yankeeland.

We used to sing this song in school when I was growing up. But, then again we also stood and sang Dixie at ballgames. There are still a few of us who are Unreconstructed.

Here are some friends of mine playing The Bonnie Blue Flag. Their band is named Unreconstructed. They are very well known among re-enactors.

[video=youtube;0Us88VthbCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Us88VthbCQ&feature=channel_page[/video]

5. OPC'n

OPC'n Puritan Board Doctor

I live in Yankeeland but my whole family (except for me and my two sisters) is from the south and they have never spoken of this flag. :think: Cool instruments, BTW. Did they make them?

6. smhbbag

smhbbag Puritan Board Senior

In military ceremonies, the presence of a Rear Admiral or USAF Brigadier General is often indicated by a flag with a single star on a solid blue background. I think it's an understandable mistake.

If I saw someone with such a flag on the vehicle, I would not be sure which it was. But then I would probably believe that you're more likely to run into a former general than a person who would proudly fly the Bonnie Blue...however sad that is. If you put them side by side, I honestly could not tell the difference. I believe the Bonnie Blue is a little bit lighter in shade.

7. LawrenceU

Oh, I understand the confusion completely. But, I will admit that seeing a star on an F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 wouldn't really make me think of a General Officer.

8. smhbbag

smhbbag Puritan Board Senior

Well, if it were that vehicle, in Alabama, that might clarify the situation a good deal :)

Here in the Triangle in NC (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill), the judgment may be different. After all, one of our local cities is unofficially named the Containment Area for Relocated Yankees (Cary, NC). We have been thoroughly overrun.

9. Southern Twang

Southern Twang Puritan Board Freshman

:banana:Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue flag!:banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.