Food/Snack YOU like but, not everyone...shares your feelings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

etexas

Puritan Board Doctor
My theory. Everyone has some food or snack, they like but....others, might think it is gross, you might neverhave brought it to the "light of day" till now!:D SO, "fess" up. I will go first. OK. I think I came up with this as a kid, but I still sometimes make it and like it:It really has no name so I shall call it the sandwich that makes Megan look away! Here goes: White Wonder Bread/DUKES Mayo/JIf PB Smooth/Wickle's Bread&Butter Pickles. Pretty straightforward people take one slice of bread put your Dukes Mayo on it, take another put your PB on it I like plenty of Dukes myself, then put your bread and butter pickle slices on the PD slice (trust me it is easier) put the Duke's slice on cut it (triangle of course, upsets me when people cut a sam straight across it just taste different! Lol.) Put it on a plate and get some good old school thin Lay's "tater" chips. AND you are IN biz! I like to was it down with an orange soda!:D:D:):bouncy::cheers::cheers::cheers: SO! whats your "secret" food. Come on people you have one, I know it, what is it????:detective::detective::detective:

it seems like everyone I know hates marshmallow peeps, but I think they are positively scrumptious!

There's a tavern across the street that serves sliders and fries. The fries are my favorite because they're seasoned with both salt and sugar and I dip them in mayonase mixed with bourbon. Delicious but sounds strange.

There's a tavern across the street that serves sliders and fries. The fries are my favorite because they're seasoned with both salt and sugar and I dip them in mayonase mixed with bourbon. Delicious but sounds strange.

Hmmmmm....I would take of these salty/sweet fries w/bourbon-mayo!!!!

Josh, I think that rat parts are officially, though not by American custom, food. I was thinking more of things that are not food; period.

Sweet potato fries with maple syrup.
Pulling the Oreo apart and licking the center filling first.
Saltines with margarine.
Graham crackers with margarine.
Sprinkling cinnamon in the coffee grounds before brewing.

I like to eat raw garlic. I know this may sound gross but I actually enjoy it very much. When my wife and I got married, she would encourage me to eat raw garlic when I felt like I was getting sick. It seems to help starve off a cold. Over time, I began actually liking the garlic and now I will pop a couple of cloves of garlic for a snack. I will do it with or without other food. For example, raw garlic with cheese or tomatoes, or on top of chips.

On a funny note, I have a 4 year old son who wanted to try it when he saw me do it. I thought I would let him try it so he would never ask again. To much surprise, he loves it also and asks for it when I eat it!

My wife reminds me that the only negative consequence is my breath!

I LOVE these! I should figure out some way to make them without deep frying them...

I like to eat raw garlic. I know this may sound gross but I actually enjoy it very much. When my wife and I got married, she would encourage me to eat raw garlic when I felt like I was getting sick. It seems to help starve off a cold. Over time, I began actually liking the garlic and now I will pop a couple of cloves of garlic for a snack. I will do it with or without other food. For example, raw garlic with cheese or tomatoes, or on top of chips.

On a funny note, I have a 4 year old son who wanted to try it when he saw me do it. I thought I would let him try it so he would never ask again. To much surprise, he loves it also and asks for it when I eat it!

Oh my! When I was very young my mischievous aunt fed me a garlic clove once and I ended up crying. :lol: My mom yelled at her.

But garlic is SO, SO good for you. Maybe I will try to start liking it. Raw, that is. I love putting fresh garlic in meals.

Cottage cheese, right out of the carton.

I don't think it's that odd, but just about everyone I know (wife included) thinks it is gross.

Haha, we do something like that too, when we're sick. We toast an English muffin, butter it real good, spread freshly pressed garlic on top, and lay a slice of extra sharp cheddar on top of that. We usually have it with homemade chicken noodle soup.

My husband looks weirdly at me when I put ketchup on my eggs. We also used to make apple butter and cheese sandwiches, and egg sandwiches with ketchup and bread and butter pickles or relish.

I don't think it's that odd, but just about everyone I know (wife included) thinks it is gross.

Tripel,

This is my favorite snack too! And I approve of your method. Out of the carton tastes much better than on a dish.

Of course, mine must be large-curd cottage cheese . . .which my husband thinks is totally gross. :D

Pulling the Oreo apart and licking the center filling first.
Saltines with margarine.
Graham crackers with margarine.
Sprinkling cinnamon in the coffee grounds before brewing.

Mmmm... I used to get sweet potato fries at this brewery in my home town that were covered with brown sugar, then I'd dip them in a mustard dill sauce... mmmm...

Ditto mayo on fries. My arteries may not leap for joy but my tastebuds do.

And mayo, not Miracle Whip, on hot dogs is good.

I used to make Pringle sandwiches as a wee lass. Two pringles, slathered with mayonnaise (pattern emerging), and a piece of bologna rolled up between them. It doesn't appeal so much now.

Cottage cheese with canned peaches (I was surprised to find that some people think that is gross, as it seems objectively wonderful to me).

Cottage cheese with canned peaches (I was surprised to find that some people think that is gross, as it seems objectively wonderful to me).

I was served this as part of dinner at a friend's house when I was 9 or so. I panicked. It looked disgusting. I had never heard of people putting such things together.

Tripel;

Cottage cheese is good..plain, w/ salt and pepper or w/ fruit..

Everyone in my family likes cottage cheese..this is NOT a gross snack at all!!!

I also like Peanut butter and Marshmallow cream sandwiches...

celery w/ peanut butter..

Heidi,

canned peaches, canned pears, mixed fruit they are all GOOD w/ cottage cheese..

when I buy these things...if you wait to long..you won't get any..some one else would have eaten it first..

Cottage cheese and apple sauce. I've been eating it since my college days. Great source of protein and the apple sauce makes it nice and sweet! Cottage cheese and peaches or yogurt isn't too bad (peach yogurt is the best).

ummmm....definitely sounds delicious! My philosophy has always been that if you take something yummy and put it with something else yummy it just gets yummier. For example, fries are good, sugar is good, mayo is good, and bourbon is great! All this equals something that I wanna try ASAP!

Count me in with the others who enjoy cottage cheese. I used to eat a cup everynight right before I went to bed when I was into bodybuilding because it has a lot of slow digesting protein. Large curd is best and don't skimp by getting low-fat! And I am not sure how or why, but peaches go perfect with cottage cheese.

We've been discovering Greek yogurt lately. Drizzle some honey over it. Great.

Inside secret: if you have a Trader Joe's in your area, get some of their French Vanilla yogurt. Most of the time, the top 1/4" of the contents has the consistency of cheese cake. Don't know why it settles out that way, but its really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back