Final Mississippi Valley Presbytery Report on Federal Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not as concerned with charity as I am with accuracy. We who are guarding orthodoxy have to be smarter, wiser, more precise, and more rigorous in our analyses than those we find in error. I'd just hate to see such a great report and action by MVP be criticized for imprecision. Not a complaint or a softening on my part...just a call to research and indict above reproach. Obviously there'll be whining by the indicted, but it's got to always be clearly demonstrated that their whining is evasive and unjustified.

:ditto: Agreed, I just find it so annoying that instead of standing in defense of their "newly discovered" doctrines, they are only able to see that their critics lack some "christian virtue."

As far as the reply in the Boards regarding the 'engineered removal' of an Associate Pastor and the reply by a person named Paul:

The MVP report was correct in its statement. I have the necessary documentation.

As far as the attitudes of some of those who embrace this 'new' idea I have found the book "How To Talk to a Liberal, If you Must", By Ann Coulter a real help. Sometimes its all one can do not to laugh at the abusrdity of some of the personal attacks.

Speaking as a Jewish person who is now a 5 pointer (Calvinism was really the only school of thought that made sense) these NP people have it SO WRONG. What's a mother to do?

Clarification:

In the case I am familiar with...the MVP report is correct IF that is the case they had in mind when making the statement. Page 1 lines 29-31 of MVP report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back