Final Judgment

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ Spencer

Puritan Board Freshman
I've been looking into Historical Pre-millennialism a lot lately. One of the things that started me on this road is the length of the final judgment. Surely it will take God quite a long time to judge the entire world, going through the sins of each individual. In my research I found something rather interesting that Berkhof had said;

c. The time of the judgment
The final judgment will naturally be at the end of the world, and will follow immediately after the resurrection of the dead, John 5:28, 29; Rev. 20:12, 13. The duration of the judgment cannot be determined. The Bible speaks of "the day of judgment," but this does not necessarily mean that it will be a day of twenty-four hours. Neither is
195 there any ground to assert with the Pre-millenarians that it will be a day of a thousand years.

https://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/onsite/lastday.html

My question: Is he speaking in general about their overuse of the day = a thousand years verse? Are there any pre-millennials that believe that the Final judgment will last the entirety of the Millennium?

Never mind, I didn't think this one through. They believe the final judgment happens After the millennium, not during.

I've been looking into Historical Pre-millennialism a lot lately. One of the things that started me on this road is the length of the final judgment. Surely it will take God quite a long time to judge the entire world, going through the sins of each individual. In my research I found something rather interesting that Berkhof had said;

c. The time of the judgment
The final judgment will naturally be at the end of the world, and will follow immediately after the resurrection of the dead, John 5:28, 29; Rev. 20:12, 13. The duration of the judgment cannot be determined. The Bible speaks of "the day of judgment," but this does not necessarily mean that it will be a day of twenty-four hours. Neither is
195 there any ground to assert with the Pre-millenarians that it will be a day of a thousand years.

https://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/onsite/lastday.html

My question: Is he speaking in general about their overuse of the day = a thousand years verse? Are there any pre-millennials that believe that the Final judgment will last the entirety of the Millennium?
No, but we do see the final judgment reserved for just resurrected lost sinners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back