Federal Vision and Commonalities

Status
Not open for further replies.
posted by Ian
The FV corporate does not have any other soteriology other than the same tried and true salvation by grace through faith in Christ alone.

At the same time the notion of Christ's obedience being necessary to make us in right standing in the imputative sense is I think highly questionable.

Salvation does not come by works, either ours or Christs.

The system or position that you describe (the traditional Reformed view) says that Christ alone saves, but errs by saying that he does this by appropriating his works righteousness to the sinner.

I believe that Christ's righteousness is central but I do not assert that it is imputed to us by a type of legal fiction. Christ takes our sins away. Sins are gone. That's right-standing.

Ian,

If you are denying the necessity of the imputation of the rightesouness of Christ to our account then Fred and Wayne are correct and you are indeed denying an essential element of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Your posting privileges have herewith been suspended as the adminstrators review your posts and seek clarification from you on your views. Please check your U2U inbox.

If you stand by these statements and have been rightly understood, or if you fail to reply to the U2U inquiry, then you will be banned from the Puritan Board for a distortion of the gospel and a denial of the doctrine of justification by faith.

For the Administrators,
Phillip Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back