Fear and Trembling over the death of Anna Nicole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Bruckner

Puritan Board Professor
Cut down at age 39 after leading a sordid life filled with sorrows and minimum happiness. I don't want to speculate where she is, but her death stopped me in my tracks and I began to fear God anew. (When I say, Fear, I mean, Fear, to be Afraid)

The thoughts came, "Tomorrow is not promised to any man", "Today is the day of repentence, if you hear his voice...."

The thoughts came, "Tomorrow is not promised to any man", "Today is the day of repentence, if you hear his voice...."

Very true! If only this were kept in the front of my mind all the time ... The decisions I make minute to minute would lead to me doing alot of things differently! Especially in how I talk to and respond to those who are not yet saved.

The news made me ponder God and His word as well! I feel sorry for her and any one without Christ and know how blessed those of us He chooses really are. There for the grace of God...

Pity

I know I am not the only one that pities high profile people whether billionaires or models that are completely deviod of Christ. And then as, "Why has God choden me?" Praise be to God for his unsearchable wisdom in choosing the foolish to shame the wise, the things that are not to shame the things that are so that none can boast before Him.

Very true.

What struck me was how well she was known and how much press it was getting.

Normally Marines are working out in the gym and pass by significant world event on the news without a care. I saw more than one occassion where young Marines stopped at the TV - "Anna Nicole died...."

Very sad to see the trajectory of sin.

Praying now for her precious baby daughter -- that God would guard her, and claim her for HIS own!

Yes, very sad. A few celebrities I have felt extreme pity for and have even been moved to pray for thing because it was so obvious that their lives were pitiful and they knew it. Her and Mike Tyson are two. Ozzy and Stephen King (who, once wrote me back when I wrote him a letter as a child) are others. Even riches and fame cannot save us from ourselves.

Yes, very sad. A few celebrities I have felt extreme pity for and have even been moved to pray for thing because it was so obvious that their lives were pitiful and they knew it. Her and Mike Tyson are two. Ozzy and Stephen King (who, once wrote me back when I wrote him a letter as a child) are others. Even riches and fame cannot save us from ourselves.
I thought Stephen King was a Christian? I hear that Alice Cooper is as well, maybe there is a double meaning behind his song "Elected".

Stephen King is a crypto-Calvinist from Maine!!:banana:

I don't think he's a Christian, but he seems to be getting closer.

from what i remember steven king is methodist, alice cooper became a believer, a few yrs ago, and a yr. or two before him mark farner of grand funk came to kno the Lord too.....and he has christian music out, alice doesnt, last i heard he still tours with his band.
and his dad is/was a Presbyterian minister.

Praying now for her precious baby daughter -- that God would guard her, and claim her for HIS own!

Yes, especially since now it seems guys are lining up around the block (Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband?) to claim paternity. Apparently, some or all of Smith's second husband's $1,600,000,000 fortune is still up for grabs (he said cynically).

Yes, especially since now it seems guys are lining up around the block (Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband?) to claim paternity. Apparently, some or all of Smith's second husband's $1,600,000,000 fortune is still up for grabs (he said cynically).

It's almost like those three guys claiming paternity are playing the lottery. Which one will win?

I too, had a moment of pause when I considered her wretched condition in death. It is very sobering to think that I could have been like her but for the grace of God.

The thing that struck me about her death was hurt ...

I hurt for her concerning the lifestyle she felt compelled to live, I hurt for her newborn babe and all the people fighting over custody because of the money involved, and what kind of love that child will actually feel growing up, it won't be for her, but for the money attached to her life. And I wonder, if any of these three men and Anna Nichole's mother who are fighting would be fighting over custody if she were left destitute by her mother.

I pray whoever the judge will be, seeks God's wisdom in this matter, and can see past the money issue to the best interest of the child.

all 3 men seem to have a somewhat credible case. The tragedy is not who the daddy is, but that they were all having sex albeit unprotected sex with Anna Nicole during the same period.

In addition, the owner of the mansion in the Bahamas was also one of her lovers. It was because of their previous relationship that he gave Anna Nicole the house to live in. After the relationship fell on the rocks, he tried to get back his house by Anna Nicole like the shrewd woman she is went to the courts to tie up the case in legalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back