Favorite video game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to go back 30 plus years and say I was a Donkey Kong addict. Sorry if this isn't what you were looking for.

I used to love all the Total war series... Starcraft Broodwar, Dota, Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis etc...

But I've come to the conclusion playing computer games neither relaxes me (as lying down on a green pasture would), nor does it increase my love for God. So I've quit completely, as in, God has worked death in my life to the point where I loathe computer games.

Me and Noah (8) play the occasional Total War (usually Napoleon or Empire) game. Noah outflanked Napoleon with heavy cavalry last month and sent his army into retreat...neat.

Civilization V is my game of choice. When I get some down time I enjoy playing it while listening to a sermon. I've found it a good way to relax.

I've been playing Crusader Kings 2 recently, which is really fun for the stories that emerge. I could go on about how the descendents of Mael Snechtai, Mormaer of Moray, finally gained independence from England and was able to reunite most of Scotland and reclaim the crown.

As far as my favorite game, I'll have to give that more thought.

I remember once (15-20 years ago), I was teaching high school and a friend loaned me his copy of Civilization (the first edition of the game). I became so addicted to it that I was playing it one night (during the summer break) and suddenly realized that the sun was coming up. I literally played it all night long!

I am of the generation that experienced the wonderful Atari 2600 (still have that unit at my mom's house; wonder if it's worth anything). I also enjoyed playing the early Infocom computer games like Zork and Deadline. Tetris was one of the video games that was an early favorite on the computer. But I haven't really played video games in years, though.

I've been playing Crusader Kings 2 recently, which is really fun for the stories that emerge. I could go on about how the descendents of Mael Snechtai, Mormaer of Moray, finally gained independence from England and was able to reunite most of Scotland and reclaim the crown.

As far as my favorite game, I'll have to give that more thought.

Crusader Kings actually looks really interesting. How long does it take to play a full scenario?

The Kingdom Hearts series, but especially KH2. I'm anticipating the new KH which will go back to the main consoles. Annnd I'm about to complete Aqua's story on Birth By Sleep for the PSP.

I'm mostly into RPG's, but I really like the battle system in KH2. It's very flash and nonrepetitive. Of course one of the pitfalls with RPG's is that they can be very time consuming, but as long as you space it out enough or plan an occasional game-day it's possible to do it with temperance.

Oh, and I play an occasional fighting game with my cousin like Tekken or (oddly) the new Naruto Shippuden game.

I remember once (15-20 years ago), I was teaching high school and a friend loaned me his copy of Civilization (the first edition of the game). I became so addicted to it that I was playing it one night (during the summer break) and suddenly realized that the sun was coming up. I literally played it all night long!

Story of my life until I was 18 or 19. That's why I don't own any anymore!

I am of the generation that experienced the wonderful Atari 2600 (still have that unit at my mom's house; wonder if it's worth anything). I also enjoyed playing the early Infocom computer games like Zork and Deadline. Tetris was one of the video games that was an early favorite on the computer. But I haven't really played video games in years, though.

I still play Civilization and its sister Colonization every now and then.

I have only played two games to the end. One was called Sanitarium. The other was the original Myst game. A few years ago I put Half Life 2 on my computer one afternoon. I knew I was in trouble when I looked up and saw my son getting ready for school. I didn't even notice the sun had come up. Took it off the computer and haven't played a game since. LOL.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2! Could play for hours and forget for how long I played. Now I am sure you guys think that is sad....

Call of Duty Black Ops 2! Could play for hours and forget for how long I played. Now I am sure you guys think that is sad....
Same here, if your on PS3 lets join up for a few games. my screen name is ooguyx

Crusader Kings actually looks really interesting. How long does it take to play a full scenario?

I've only played all the way through (from 1066 to 1453) once, and it took me the better part of a year. Maybe sixty hours? The game doesn't really give you any objectives, so you have to make your own. I suppose once you reach your own objective you can stop and hit the retire button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back