Favorite food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mexican breakfast dishes, especially chilaquiles. I also make a layered breakfast dish of poblano pepper, potato pancake, brisket or pulled pork, fried eggs, chipotle salsa, creme fraiche, queso fresco, and cilantro. If I ever opened a breakfast place, that would be the signature item. :D

Also, we have a couple of authentic Neapolitan pizza joints around that are thoroughly delicious.

General Tso, I don't know who you were, but I sure do like your chicken.

Just about anything Chinese, but I'm also partial to sushi.

Addition: I forgot to add the perfect food -- waffles. Especially waffles made in a rotating waffle maker. That's the best.

View attachment 2189

Last edited:
Shrimp 'n' grits
Unlike the gentlemen above, I prefer Eastern NC barbeque (vinegar-based pulled pork)
Quesadillas
Peanut M&Ms
Milkshakes and frappes

Chicago deep dish pizza.

Oh! That photo is from Giordano's!! We go to the one on Jackson most often but we have walked over to Randolph. Our favorite was the one in the basement off of State Street but they closed that one years ago.

Most anything on the grill or smoker at home. Cedar planked Salmon to steaks or chicken!

Drool...gonna have to fire up the grill tonight I think.

Andrew, your steak avatar has become a dog and is totally inappropriate for this thread. Not that we have any PETA members here... :D

Andrew, your steak avatar has become a dog and is totally inappropriate for this thread. Not that we have any PETA members here... :D

Yeah, that's my pup. Sorry, but no one is allowed to eat him. But I can also attest he is more fun to play with than a piece of meat.

I have two favorites spaghetti with italian sausage a favorite of mine since I was a young lad. And for dessert New York style Cheesecake.

Christmas pudding, so long as it was made to my favourite recipe and served with my favourite sweet spice sauce.

But for a main course, roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.

Rouladen over a bed of wild rice pilaf (spaetzle runs a close second) is my all time favorite. Serve it with a chilled Riesling. It trumps the Slyder any day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back